Saturday, December 3, 2016

Blessings of Nature

While the world passes by with hustle and bustle speed, the soul needs times to rest and be restored. Writing is a remedy to soothe the soul. 

**************
This December, Mary Lee Hahn has provided space for writers to write alongside her using the hashtag, #haikuforhealing.
**************

Reflection:

As I stepped outside yesterday, I found patches of leaves lining my walkway. Amidst the clutter of autumn decorations boxed for their attic return and Christmas decorations parading down the stairs, the outside leaves marked the passing of one season to the next. While I was not saddened by that, I did feel overwhelmed with the clutter that filled the front area of my home. A fluttering started inside and I knew it was time to step back and reflect.


Celebrating the seasons is a joyful act so I must remember while preparing for transitions, writing helps to quiet the busyness around me so that the blessings of nature can fill the soul.


I Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres and her blogging community today.
Enjoy the first weekend of December.

No comments:

Post a Comment