Thursday, September 6, 2018

Summer Waves Goodby But Summering Lives On


I've traveled different paths each season, 
held onto treasured moments, lingering
in their memories, for they have been
nourishment for my soul. 
©CV, 2017 

As the summer season on Long Island comes to a close, my mind drifts back to the pristine beach where a gentle breeze brings relief from the persistent heat. I hear the roar of the foaming waves singing their summer song, and savor those cherished memories. To preserve the glorious rays of the summer season, I am deep in thought about the design of my summer gallery of artistic expressions, The Art of Summering. There will be a brilliant array of art, poetry, nature/travel photography, digital art, and music inside the gallery SO STAY TUNED for the upcoming unveiling.

A SNEAK PEEK
 of the Gallery Sections:

MUSIC / SCENIC VIDEO
Omar Akram's Dancing With The Wind video that includes dance, instrumental music, and beach scenes swept me away with its breathtaking approach to the art of summering. Since the video showcases global scenes, I added it to #TheArtofSummering Gallery's playlist.


POETRY
Being in a contemplative frame of mind, I captured a stanza from Ramona Behnke's post today and added it to my photo of a Long Island beach to create an #imagepoem / #digitalinspiration.


TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY

CHILDREN'S CORNER

ART
By Thomas Cooper Gotch submitted by Tabatha Yeatts

DIGITAL ART/ADVERTISEMENT

Many thanks to all the poets, photographers, artists, bloggers, writers, teachers, and students who were interested in offering digital inspirations for The Art of Summering Global GalleryIf you have a digital offering (art, poetry, nature photography, digital art, or music), please send it to me by September 7th.


SPECIAL NOTE:
Poetry Friday friends, please add your links below. I am posting early because my family was invited to an after-Labor Day get-together tonight. I will add comments to my roundup guests' posts tomorrow and throughout the weekend. I wish everyone a joyful weekend!  Carol



No comments:

Post a Comment