Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Anticipation Mounts for NCTE 14

Conference anticipation mounts! I simply cannot wait for the opening of NCTE 14 in Washington, D.C., the Red Carpet gala for literacy educators. It is here that new learning is shared from one end of the convention hall to the other. Four glorious days of learning, conversing, collaborating, and sharing ideas await me. 

For those who will not be present at the convention, you can learn alongside tweeters who will bring the latest information in literacy. Please check out the daily feeds (mine included) that will start tomorrow afternoon by following the hashtag #ncte14. There will be many aha moments to read about! Old friends will greet each other; Twitter buddies will meet face-to-face for the first time; literacy luminaries will fill the workshop rooms. Besides the learning that will be ongoing, vendor exhibits, gala convention activities, author luncheons, publisher events, and meet and greets will round off the experience. NCTE is always a fast-paced, engaging one. 

First timers be aware-convention fever is in the air. 


Now, it is time to prepare for tomorrow's ride to Washington, D.C. so I'm off to finish packing. Then, I will continue to plan which sessions to attend using the new NCTE mobile app that I downloaded last night. 

Program CoverIf you would like to peek at the 2014 NCTE official Program Book, go here for the PDF or here for the digital version.

In closing, I would like to thank Dr. Seuss for inspiration for the quick poem, Oh, the Convention We'll Go, that I created using PosterMyWall. 

This year, I have the unique opportunity to just soak in the learning and not be a presenter. Although I would have enjoyed the experience of presenting again with Debbie Diller to a group of dedicated teachers from around the states, I am perfectly at peace enjoying the convention experience as a learner. You can read my post-convention reflection of the NCTE 13 Convention, From the Outside of 2013 NCTE Looking Back Inhere. Then, come back to my blog site next week to read my 2014 Convention recap.

To end Dr. Seuss style, I have another quick thought:

...I'm off to Great Places!
Tomorrow is my day!
My convention is waiting.
So... I'll get on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment