Friday, April 3, 2015

An Easter Surprise Visitor

Happy Poetry Month


Life is uncertain and unpredictable. What you plan can be upset in a matter of minutes as I found out last night. While designing the Gallery of Winter Whisperings, last night, I was struck with a strange feeling. Headaches, body pains, and chills seemed to come on so fast that I could hardly catch my breath. I was caught off guard, even though my husband had the same symptoms earlier in the week. What transpired was a spiraling voyage into the stomach bug. 

A nasty bug came to visit my house.
First, it started with my spouse. 
It reared its head with vicious speed.
The trip to the doctor made me heed:
fluids, rest, and no Easter outing.
Canceling plans led to serious pouting.

Easter will not be the same this year. No trips to church; no Easter lamb to cook; no visits from E. Bunny who has made an annual trip each year since my children were little. My son is next in line to inherit the dreaded bug. Because of its highly contagious nature, all plans with my out-of-town family, sister, daughter, and son-in-law, are canceled and the gallery is delayed. 

Amy Ludwig VanDerwater at the Poem Farm is hosting Poetry Friday today where she is offering Day 3 of National Poetry Month - Sing That Poem! Please visit her site that has links to many poetry friends' works. 


I am also posting this poem at #digipoetry where writers are composing poems for a month-long celebration of poetry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment