Thursday, January 5, 2017

One Word to Guide Our 2017 Journey

Each year instead of creating resolutions, millions choose one word to guide their journey. Why? One, meaningful word becomes a focal point, a reminder, and a guide throughout the year. It makes its way into your life, tugs at your heart, snuggles into your being, connects with your lifestyle, and accompanies you on your journey. It can be your mantra, your go to word, your star to follow. 

This year, my word poured into my life space like a flowing rain, dropping sparkling particles all around. I felt the word surround me and connect to my 2016 word, believe, that I have held close to my heart. 

Reflecting on my one word has led me through a progression of thoughts based on my previous one words:

This year,
I will continue
to stay in the moment,
to ponder the
infinite possibilities of life
with an open mind and spirit,
a listening ear to hear messages sent, 
and a believing heart to lead me forward in faith.
This year, 
I choose
JOY 
as my one word
to accompany me
as I journey through life
savoring the ordinary as opportunities
while yearning for an enriched, positive outlook.

My 2017 Creed: 
With a genuine spirit of wonderlust, I shall notice and wonder more about the ordinary, the commonplace, and the small things in life, seek joy daily, and share thoughts and feelings on positivity. By searching for joy, I hope to send it out into the world as a reminder that a "joyful heart is good medicine..." (Proverbs 17:22)


I choose joy and this vocal by Sir Harry Secombe to celebrate my one word and this joyful celebration of others' words to guide all 2017 journeys.




Join in the celebration of joy by linking your one little word post for the start-up of the 2017 Spiritual Journey first Thursday designed by Irene Latham (originally created by Holly Mueller). All are welcomed to participate. 


The monthly calendar for Spiritual Journey first Thursday is:

Closing  wishes: 
  • May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing... -Romans 15:13 
  • May all your 2017 words carry you along a pathway filled with promise and peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment