Tuesday, April 4, 2017

March Musings' Recollection



When my writing colleague, Ramona Behnke, quoted the above in a recent blog, I knew that it would inspire me to write a reflection for the March Slice of Life Story Challenge. While the journey was long and some days not conducive to writing, I continued with diligence, networking with others and growing as a writer. There were thirty-one days of penning my thoughts under the title series, March Musings, and then, the aha moment - a release of joy, like a soft rain gently falling to earth. 


I bundled my thoughts.
Tied them with a ribbon
And tucked them under a 
Soft mattress of recollection
Waiting for springtime rain
To wash over me with warmth. 


April awakened the writer inside!



NOTE:
The series of digital compositions were artistically created using a photo taken with my iPhone and then, digitized with the PicMonkey app. 

I once again would like to thank the TWT Writing Team, Betsy, Beth, Deb, Kathleen, Lanny, Lisa, and Melanie, led by Stacey Shubitz for honoring writing at Two Writing Teachers' Slice of Life each Tuesday.




I also thank Laura Robb for her sound advice when I decided to rekindle my love for creative writing: Write Every Day!


The digitals and poems in this slice are part of my #poetrylisciouspoetry collection for National Poetry Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment