Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Finding Hope in Writing

Each year, I say I'm going to decorate the outside of my house on a warm day.
Every year, I seem to miss that opportunity.

This past weekend with temperatures below freezing, I was outside setting up my holiday front entrance. Needless to say, I had to run inside to warm up several times. On the third day of decorating, my husband and I went out shopping for small spruce plants to fit in my outside pots. While searching for these items, I saw a nostalgic site in our local nursery-a first! We don't have the opportunity to see trucks like these on Long Island. 

so cold outside
holiday truck parks indoors-
shoppers' delight
©Carol Varsalona, 2018, Dee's Nursery, Long Island

❄☃❆

While I was bundling up for the cold weather, I received a photo from my daughter. It appears that my grandbaby is not daunted by the weather. I can't wait to visit her for the Christmas week. My hope will be that it warms up by then. 

so cold outside
her little nose is reddened-
unfazed by weather
©CVarsalona haiku, photo by Devin Hartnett, 2018, Virginia

❄☃❆

Thanks to a Poetry Friday writing colleague, Catherine Flynn, a group of poets and slicers from Slice of Life Tuesday are engaging in a daily writing practice, #haikuforhope. I am happy to participate in this community effort with Linda Baie, Mary Lee Hahn, Julieanne Harmatz, Molly Hogan, Jone MacCulloch, Linda Mitchell, Heidi Mordhorst, Jean LaTourette, Mandy Robek, and Margaret Simon beside Catherine Flynn.

My one word for 2018 is hope so this writing opportunity is extending my reflecting time.


❄❄❄

It's Slice of Life Tuesday at Two Writing Teachers. There are a couple of reviews of new books on writing that are intriguing me. Interested? Join me here

No comments:

Post a Comment