Thursday, July 24, 2014

Souvenir from REFLECT WITH ME: Summer Serenity



In anticipation of the unveiling of my new gallery collection of REFLECT WITH ME: Summer Serenity in late August, I decided to provide a sneak preview. Various writers have accepted my invitation to capture their summer go-to spots for quiet meditation, relaxation, or enjoyment in photographs accompanied by their poetic thoughts. Today, I created a poem for Poetry Friday based on photographs taken at two different beaches, one on the East Coast of the United States and the other on the West Coast. This is my teaser for the new gallery. 

I have always been captivated by the beauty of the beach and intrigued by driftwood washed ashore. On one of my summer jaunts to Long Beach on the south shore of Long Island I found an interesting piece of driftwood in the sand. Later, as I was perusing some travel photos taken by daughter when she traveled to the state of Washington with her husband, I found a photo of a collection of driftwood cast on to Ruby Beach.  



If you would like to join me in my new venture, please saunter over to 
or

**********************************************

This post is written as a #ThankfulThursday tribute to the Poetry Friday community who welcomed me as a new contributor. You can find a collection of wonderful additions to this week's Poetry Friday at Poetry for Children hosted by Sylvia Vardell and Janet Wong. There is an exciting announcement about plans for their next installment in The Poetry Friday Anthology series. 


PS: Special thanks to Karen at The Graphics Fairy for allowing use of her Vintage Clip Art-Souvenir Seashell Postcard. Check out her site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment