Tuesday, January 5, 2016

To Believe

Before I stepped into 2016, I knew that I would invite the word believe into my life. It would serve as a guide on a journey that would be filled with the usual array of challenges, false footings, and uneven ground. Believe flowed well with my 2013 word openness and listen, my 2015 word, but there was one lingering question that I needed to explore. 
"Since I believe in the power of positivity and possibilities, how would the verb believe extend my thinking?" 
Understanding that everyday pathways become cluttered with old stones and loose pavement, I decided to use believe's strength to reboot and enhance the flow of positivity into my life. 


To believe
without hesitation,
with confident resolve,
opens the heart 
to possibilities unlimited-
my call to action.

To believe,
listen to surrounding sounds;
make sense of the dissonance;
unravel assumptions.
Take a stand in a world
of cluttered thoughts.

To fully believe, claim:
confidence as a walking partner,
truth as an ever-present guide,
and conviction as a watchful sentry
on the journey called life.
©Carol Varsalona, 2016 


Creativity Spark:

This holiday my love for baking was re-energized. After multiple tins of desserts were baked and stored, I took a flight of fantasy and designed an imaginative recipe to sweeten my journey. Perhaps, the recipe fits the description of a life cake but I call it my 5-Star Positivity Cake.

Directions 

Spray an open-mind (container) with squirts of well-oiled thoughts.

Add in:
  • 1 1/2 cups of one-words (openness and listen)
  • 2 cups of belief
  • 2 tablespoons of confident resolve
  • sprinkling of red sugar crystals for spark
  • 2 teaspoons of fresh grated orange peel for zest
  • 6 oz. of sweetened condensed voice
Pour the ingredients into the vessel. 
Purposefully stir the mixture with lots of energy.
Bake until all is properly risen.
Let it cool before popping it out. 

Savor the taste and share the flight of fantasy.  

As I reflect upon the 2016 journey, there will be many times that inspiration is needed to continue the walk. When I lose my footing along the path, I will visualize the darkness lit by hundreds of lantern lights to lead me onward.



Join me as I bake a positivity cake and a batch of cookies with belief, positivity, and hope fillings as comfort food for the journey.

If you would like to read about the #NYEDChat convo, New Year, New Direction, you can access the archive here. Many one words were shared.

Today is the first Slice of Life Tuesday of the new year. Please visit Two Writing Teachers where this post will be linked. I look forward to reading the various slices which most likely will be focusing on new directions and one words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment