With artistic flourish, Lady Autumn, will promenade through Earth's summer pathways on to September's ending days. Early morning walkers may anticipate the arrival, and inhale Autumn's healing breath. Golden leaves and cinnamon colors shall pop as Nature opens its door to a new season of glorious colors and gratitude for our Earth.
As a 21st Century influencer, Autumn brings "the sweet chill of pumpkin and crisp sunburnt leaves". (Ann Drake) Landscapes will "look like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon." (Sarah Addison Allen) I look forward to watching Nature become a silent wonder glittering in gold, a grand finale of vibrant seasons. I shall appreciate the crunch of leaves as I walk with the layering of clothing as the chill breeze changes from summer warmth. F. Scott Fitzgerald leaves us with his thought, "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." I have worked this year on restoration, revival of my heart, and renewal of life. Autumn allows me the space to transition from the bonds of grief to witness the magnitude of life.
As writers, poets, and thinkers, we gather today to honor the upcoming Autumn season. I invite you to create a contribute to my Autumn Gallery of Artistic Expressions, Autumn's Ephemeral Gold. "The leaves are changing; I feel poetry in the air." (Laura Jaworski)
If Autumn speaks to you, share an artistic expression for my Autumn's Ephemeral Gold Padlet. The title will bring together a collection of seasonal poetry, a variety of artwork, nature photography, and golden quotes emphasizing the fleeting beauty of Autumn, transformation of the seasons, the art of letting go, and any other topics dealing with Fall.
I created the digital collage to emphasize Lady Autumn, dressed in couture, staring into the distance of a Fall day.


Thanks for hosting, Carol - and for all your support over the years! Crimson autumn, indeed...
ReplyDeleteThanks for getting me into an autumnal mood -- my favorite season! Love your digital collage! Thanks for hosting this week. :)
ReplyDelete"I have worked this year on restoration, revival of my heart, and renewal of life. Autumn allows me the space to transition from the bonds of grief to witness the magnitude of life. " Gorgeous writing, Carol, and what profound thoughts. You are, as always, an inspiration. Thank you for this glorious welcome to Autumn! I know it's the favorite season of many of us. Thank you for sharing, and thanks for hosting with sweet cinnamon flair!
ReplyDelete