Friday, February 26, 2016

Celebrating Writing

During a week of writing challenges (DigiLit Sunday, Laura Shovan's 2016 Found Object Poem Project, Slice of Life, Spiritual Journey Thursday, Poetry Friday, and Celebrate This Week), comes the following image of an unknown place. This photo strikes me as a window into time. It allows me to open the door to wonder and the continuation of my writing. 

Writing is a celebration of thought. It can be raw and unrefined, sweetened, or refined through process, flowing freely from deep inside or from a picture prompt, as in this case. Writing celebrates the voice within and can be shared or secretly cherished as a solitary act. Writing is a delightful experience that brings pleasure as thoughts move from inside out. 

Below you will find a piece of digital poetry designed for Day 27 


Scroll with me to view the writing I completed this week. With this digital composition above, I am up-to-date with the Found Object Poem Project. I have created 27 first-draft poems since the beginning of February. 

On Monday, I wrote a post with 3 poems for Laura's project besides this anchor poster.








Tuesday's Slice of Life provided the space for me to showcase my mantra poster about the Snow Moon. 

My post/poems, Noticing and Wondering and Home Builders, were created for Days 23 and 24 of Laura's Project. I used a well-loved antique print of mine as the backdrop for the poem, Home Builders

On Thursday, I had fun creating inspirational quote posters and a black-out poem for Spiritual Journey Thursday's examination of Violet Nesdoly's one little word, mindfulness. 

I provided a poem with teacher wisdom titled Keys to Learning for Day 25 of Laura's project.





 

On Friday, I rounded the week off with 3 offerings for Poetry Friday.




Now it is time to RELAX with my family and the television shows that I missed.


Digitalized image from a Macy's ad
 
How are you celebrating this week? 

Please visit Ruth Ayres, Celebrate This Week, to read how the members of Ruth's writing community center their weekly events around the theme of positivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment