Thursday, April 7, 2016

2016 Poetry Month Fun


Spending the first week of National Poetry Month creating alongside poetry friends has been a week filled with poetryliscious joy! So what did I do?

-Mary Lee Hahn's invited writers to her Poetry Month Project, BYGONES, where she has been writing poems as poignant remembrances of forgotten faces and the unknown stories that were captured on film. Below Mary Lee's logo are my two poems based on photos from Mary Lee's album collection. 





-As a newbie member of the 2016 Kidlitosphere Poetry Team started by Irene Latham, I wondered about my contribution and was inspired to create Day 6's line. Because I was so excited to engage in this activity, I went so far as to create a digital composition for Penny Klostermann's line for Day 5 and mine just for fun.




-Lastly, I had great fun planning for #NYEDChat's upcoming April is Poetrylicious! convo on Monday, April 11th with my team's guest moderators, Janet Wong, Amy Ludwig VanDerwater, and Paul W. Hankins. We hope to see everyone at the chat with your creative voices ready to get involved in the conversation. The question document will be aired this weekend. 


Please visit the Poetry Friday Round-Up at Laura Purdie Salas' blog, Writing the World for Kids

I am excited to announce that Laura and I will be joining our colleague, Dr. Michele Haiken, this summer in Boston for our #ILA16 presentation, Transforming Writer's Lives with Digital Tools as Powerful Agents to Impact Literacy Instruction, Authenticate Voice, & Present Positive Perspectives

If you have not had a chance to peruse my newest gallery, Winter Wanderings, please do so. You will find digital compositions or quotes from Poetry Friday poets in the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment