Sunday, August 28, 2016

Celebrating Photo Moments

"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever...It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything." ~Aaron Siskind, American photographer 
I have always been fascinated by photography as an artistic expression. My years behind the lens, helped me develop an eye for composition as I captured life in the moment. As I look over my collection of still photos now and then, I am reminded of the many celebrations of life I have engaged in but I do have one regret. I have being lax in organizing the accumulated family photos that are sitting in worn albums and loose bunches. 

Today, collecting and curating photos is so much easier than before. Digital portfolios are easily set up in iPhoto and Google Photos automatically collects my photographs taken with my iPhone. I celebrate photography as an art that allows me to look into my past while realizing future dreams.  

Tonight, I review a digital portfolio, filled with summerscape photo moments. I honor the memories and continue to celebrate summer as a season of possibilities.

I recall:
  • A rainy day in New York City celebrating a milestone anniversary

  • Sizzling hot beach days in Long Island and the Jersey shore
 

  • Blissful summer evenings with family and friends watching the boats come in while eating on the Nautical Mile


I celebrate photo moments that "reveal how rich reality truly is when you take an image and freeze a moment." 

(The quote is adapted from an anonymouse write seen at http://petapixel.com/2014/05/29/70-inspirational-quotes-photographers.)

Each weekend, I celebrate a week of positivity with Ruth Ayres and the #celebratelu writers who capture life and share photo moments. You can access the site and read the bloggers thoughts here.


No comments:

Post a Comment