Thursday, September 14, 2017

Abecedarian Fun



Did you grow up singing the ABC song like I did? Maybe you tried writing an ABC poem in school. This month, Michelle Barnes offers an interesting ditty challenge that stems from an interview with Carole Boston Weatherford-write an abecedarian poem.


What is an abecedarian poem, you may ask? Poetry Foundation says it is "related to an acrostic, a poem in which the first letter of each line or stanza follows sequentially through the alphabet."  


I decided to join the challenge and offered The ABCs of Summer that I  added to Michelle's padlet. Then, I started reading more abecedarian poems and was ready for the next phase of the challenge. Join me as I have some fun finding the right flow for intertwining words.

🌟

Always beaching, 
creating digital delights, 
expressing feelings gratefully
held in joyful keeping-
life living moments
offered, nurtured
presented quietly,
renewing summertime's 
universal, valuable,
watershed eXperiences
yon zen zones.
©CVarsalona, 2017

🌟

Accept boundless
creative diversions
examined faithfully,
gratefully generating-
happy investments in joyous,
kaliedoscope, 
"life living" moments.
Nature offers prospects,
quotable reflective sightings;
encouUrging valuable, 
wished-for eXperiences
beYond zen zones.
©CVarsalona, 2017

🌟
Dreamtime Travel

🌟
at
bedtime
curl-up.
doze.
🌟

dreams
earmarked
for grandeur
unleasH heart's
inspirational
joys.
keep
aLL cLose. 
lovingly linger.
knOwingly observe.
openly pass quiet roads. 
saunter through tall thickets,
under 
verdant-covered vines,
whimsical xystus*, 
gaZebos.
GaZe.
 Zephyrs zip.
©CVarsalona, 2017

*a type of covered walkway or portico
My Dreamtime Travel poem turned out to be in the shape of a candle burning bright.
🌟

Did the words used in my last poem, Dreamtime Travel 
paint a picture in your mind? 
Did the poem take you to a place of rest and serenity?

🌟
I am continuing to enjoy summer-like weather
and sunkissed moments. 
Celebrate summer a bit longer with me.
Stay tuned for the unveiling of my Sunkissed Summer Gallery.


This week Poetry Friday is being hosted by my poet friend Michelle Heidenrich Barnes. You can join Michelle's Five for Friday Peace party at Today's Little Ditty. Here are my contributions.
🌟

Five for Friday Peace Poem
(using only 5 words)

Kindness Dove

Soaring-
a beacon
of peace.
©CVarsalona, 2017

🌟

WANTED

only
peaceful,
quiet,
restful
serenity
©CVarsalona, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment