Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Beach Walk

Surrounded by a cluttered desk and too many tasks to take care of, I felt the weight of life yesterday morning. You probably know what I am talking about. So what was the fix?

I found my route to peace when the phone call rang. Beach walk? Yes? What better way to de-stress than take a stroll on the boardwalk. 

The Atlantic Ocean was waiting. Instead of calling to me, it roared. I listened and watched with amazement. Waves shimmered in the sunshine. Surfers prepared for their sweet ride. People promenaded the boardwalk. I gazed at the ocean, stopping often to take photos. The flow of the water, the turn of the boards, the surfer's disembarkment were like a scene from a movie but instead, it is was live before my eyes. 

It was then that I realized this walk was the fix, my mini-vacation from reality. I moved to a corner of the boardwalk where there was shade to write these words and take another photo. Ah! There was beauty and tranquility in those sunkissed summer-like moments I spent on the boardwalk yesterday. 



What a delightful way to de-stress!
I used my senses to fill my breath 
with sweet summer life in early fall.



If you missed my unveiling of Sunkissed Summer Gallery, please take a look. You will feel a wave of inspiration as you are swept away by amazing photographs, artwork, and digipoetry from around the world. Life is good when you can leave your footprint in the sand. Yesterday, I did just that.


It's Slice of Life Tuesday at Two Writing Teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment