Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Evening Thoughts


"Evening Thoughts", my short video created with the digital video platform, Animoto.

It was later in the day. The long ride back to Long Island from Virginia seemed endless. Just then, as the sun began to set and Manhattan was faintly visible in the muted haze, I felt a burst of energy. Peacefully, I watched the sky change colors before my eyes. 



From one side of the bridge to the other, I turned to capture nature's magical moments. Poetic thoughts rumbled in the corners of my mind, as my husband continued the drive.


It was surreal as the sky transformed itself before my eyes. Exhaustion from the endless, slow-paced ride in traffic seemed to be a faint memory. Transforming the photos into digital art allowed the last hour and a half of the journey to become a joyous occasion.



Today, I found this quote by Ayn Rand that speaks to the pure pleasure of gazing upon a Manhattan sunset. “I would give the greatest sunset in the world for one sight of New York's skyline. Particularly when one can't see the details. Just the shapes. The shapes and the thought that made them. The sky over New York and the will of man made visible..."


At Two Writing Teachers, it is Slice of Life Tuesday. Join me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment