Saturday, September 15, 2018

Anticipation

"Poetry reading is up in America while reading books for pleasure is down slightly. So says the National Endowment for the Arts, which has published the result of a study, 'U.S. Trends in Arts Attendance and Literacy Reading: 2002-2017'... Poetry reading surged a remarkable 76 percent, to 28 million in 2017." 

I was excited to read the short article, Making Waves, Readers in America, in USA Today, 9.14.18, before heading out to the state education conference I was attending. After several days of cooler temperature and rain on Long Island, it was a pleasure to be greeted by the sun and warmer weather. I am still in summer mode and am enjoying reading poetry that has been sent to me for The Art of Summering Gallery.  After a short hiatus from   designing my summer gallery of artistic expressions, I am happy to return to the task.



ANTICIPATION

  Awaiting the arrival of the
  Newest addition to my global galleries,
  The Art of Summering. There will be
  Inspirational quotes,
  Photography blended with
  Artwork, and
  Technology. There will be digital art
  Image poems, a children's corner, and music.
  Open invitation to the
uNveiling.

Coming Soon!



For now, I am joining Amy Ludwig Vanderwater at The Poet Farm who is the host of Poetry Friday this week. Amy has a reflective post for students and teachers with a wonderful poem, a quiet boat. Please join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment