Thursday, August 20, 2015

Negating Stress

It's the start of the new school year. Are you being bombarded with back-to-school ads, household commitments, and last wishes for an everlasting summer? Are the tasks mounting and body temperatures rising? Yes, it happens to all of us at this time of year. 

Restless days before school opens, last minute pieces that need to be put into place, and the feeling of being overwhelmed are just part and parcel of the new school year. Posts keep popping up about this time of year in which many indulge in the frantic search for one last summer day to savor. 

As I prepare for the unveiling of my newest gallery, Summer Splashings, I am trying to keep the to do list from mounting. Staying focused is difficult though. When the stress level kicks up, it is time to undo it before it takes over my day. 

My Thoughts on How to Release and Restore Balance Quickly:

Breathe in.
Visualize a beautiful day or event.
Open spaces in the mind to release the negative.
Relax in the thought that negativity can be a temporary state. 
Negate the stress. 
Release it to universe. 
In faith, listen to the Voice before moving forward.

Does this advice to myself work? By creating a series of graphics focusing on the positive, I release tension that surrounds me. I restore balance quickly and ready myself to enjoy another day.  My to do list becomes an I can accomplish list set in a positive mind frame. with the underlying understanding that all tasks need not be completed in a single day.  

On the spiritual journey I need to step back to step forward when my balance shifts. Faith is the binding force that allows me to know that there are many moments to savor in life. 

How are you dealing with stress at this time of year? Here is a quick video on kicking stress to watch and enjoy.

Join Holly Mueller as she leads the community of Spiritual Journey Thursday to openly discuss the topic of stress this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment