Sunday, August 23, 2015

Digitalized Inspirations


Thanks to my colleague, Margaret Simon, who is the creator of DigiLit Sunday, I found my title for today's post from her comment to me. Digitalized inspirations are my sweet micro-nuggets of thoughts created from stream-of-conscious word weavings. They evolve from my observations of life and nature that connect heart to mind. 

Journey with me today as I show some of the steps I use when creating digitalized inspirations. I start with original photos or free images and use a variety of digital tools to mash-up (combine tools to create a new image). Then, I superimpose my poem, eduinspiration, or poetic expression onto the composition. There are trial and error steps along the way that make the process intriguing. Finding the right combinations to finalize a piece is like putting a puzzle today. Once you are finish there is a sense of relief in knowing that perseverance prevails. 

Step 1: Trying Out Different Styles

Day 1: I used PicMonkey, then Canva to see if I liked the feel of the night setting in this photo of the Freeport Canal on Long Island.

Day 2: I reviewed and reflected about the composition and put the images aside.






Step 2: Word-Weaving in My Digital Notebook 

Another post with thoughts on my digital notebook and the place of digital poetry in the classroom can be accessed here.













Step 3: Playing with Composition and Font Size

This can be the tricky part.

Font is too small although I like the script 
Font color is wrong and still too small



This is what I settled on for now.

Other mash-ups can be found here.

This is one that I really enjoyed making for the #reflect31 challenge this week. Two images of clocks were used to create one digitalized inspiration. 


I hope you decide to create alongside me for the gallery, Summer Splashings, 
that I am currently designing. 

Inspire others through your passion for life's wonders.

********************

Please visit DigiLit Sunday at Margaret Simon's site 
to see what colleagues are discussing today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment