Friday, March 24, 2017

March Musings 24: My Day By the Numbers

Do you organize your daily life by the number of tasks there are to do?
I used to have an endless to do list pad but that became tiresome to manage so I limited the number of tasks. Now, I wake up with a positivity plan of what activities I can actually accomplish in one day. Yesterday, my plan was to travel light and arrive safely with my family at our destination.

one long trip by car-
celebrating a milestone-
only a number
two short posts to write
unlocking poetic voice-  
daily exercise

three chats to enter
engaging conversations-
connections matter

four stops for the trip
one destination 
slow traffic on route
late night arrival
five bear hugs to go around-
weekend plans ahead










Today is Poetry Friday and my twenty-fourth posting in a series titled March Musings for Two Writing Teachers' March Slice of Life Story Challenge. Please visit both communities of writers to see the vast array of topics and writing styles. Thank you to Catherine Flynn for hosting today's Poetry Friday Round-up.
 

These communities constantly spark my creative spirit with their free flowing ideas and passion for writing. Today's idea for a new poem came my way from Fran McVeigh who got the idea from Phyllis Sutton.

News: My Winter Wonder Gallery is still under construction.
                

No comments:

Post a Comment