Tuesday, March 7, 2017

March Musings 7: Mindful Practice


While reflecting on life, I think back on this winter day at the marsh. I realize that sometimes worries overshadow  joys if we allow them to do so. 

I created a hack to stop worries from overflowing.

Life Practic:
Take a morning walk. Suspend worries for a short time by pausing and looking beyond the horizon or listening to nature's sounds. Be still. Enjoy the setting. Find peace.

Reflection:
When I captured this photo at the marsh, I realized that within the quiet I could hear more deeply and see more clearly. 

Peacefulness can surround us if we are present in the moment. 

Goal:
It is with this in mind that I will continue to seek the joys of life by noticing and wondering more deeply and savoring the small moments.

Inspirational Quote:
When we are present in each moment, the past gently rolls up behind us and the future slowly unravels before us. -Rev. Richard Levy

May your day be filled with the wonders of late winter. 



This post is the 7th in the series titled March Musings for the March Slice of Life Story Challenge created by Two Writing Teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment