Saturday, July 21, 2018

Celebrate Zen Moments

Did it really take a car accident, to slow me down, encourage me to keep an even keel, and remind me to celebrate life living moments in a zen-like way? 

In trying to release the negative tension, I found a poem to ponder.

My Legacy
by Ryokan, Dewdrops on a Lotus Leaf

My legacy —
What will it be?
Flowers in spring,
The cuckoo in summer,
And the crimson maples
Of autumn...

With hope as my one word to guide my year, I opened my mind, heart, and being to be filled with zen moments of inner peace, happiness, joy, gratitude, awareness for living in the present. 

Some of my zen moments this week:
~ using a bit of humor in writing a blog post, It's Hot!
~ a leisurely drive with my husband to the Long Island Sound in Connecticut to attend a Scholastic Book Summit and while on the overnight trip, photographing a still moment 
~ observing nature 
~ virtually enjoying my grandbaby's first steps via a video


These simple life living moments allowed me to slow down to enjoy the present.
Happiness and peace were the rewards for savoring life's precious moments.


My legacy -
capturing nature-driven,
life living moments
to savor, write on the wind,
and let soar
so voice can rise
and fill life spaces with peace.
©CVarsalona, 2018

With this hopeful, reimagined life plan, I celebrate this week with Ruth Ayres and the #celebratelu writing community. 


Please share your concept of the art of summering with me at #TheArtofSummering
for a summer gallery of artistic expressions. 
Below are recent nature photographs sent to me.


These delightful life living moment stills invite you express yourself poetically.
Are you interested in penning a poem to accompany one of these photos?

No comments:

Post a Comment