Thursday, December 15, 2016

2016 OLW Reflection

When Irene Latham suggested that the Spiritual Journey Thursday community founded by Holly Mueller reflect on their 2016 one little word, I wholeheartedly agreed. I have been on a continuous journey this year, following my word, #Believe, as it lit a path to possibilities.

When I first chose the word, I created a past, present, and future poem to trace what was and what could be. I found the word believe on kitchen towels and signs. I displayed it in my home as a reminder to keep the faith and believe in possibilities even when the path seemed unclear. 

With childlike faith
we come with open hearts
and listening ears,
waiting on the edge of today, 
aware of possibilities.
©CV, January 13, 2016

The 2016 journey is almost at an end. I am happy to say that many possibilities have become realities in both my personal and professional life. There are still roads to travel and paths to cross but with my previous words, openness, listen, and believe, I am ready for the challenges of 2017. 


Please listen to the powerful song, Believe, that I found last January. It has a very positive message that I have tried to adhere to this year.


#haikuforhealing

I retraced my steps to find my 
post with a simple creed that 
I created at the end of January. I believe that I have adhered to this stanza's words:

Here in your presence

I accept life as it is,
savoring what it beholds,
noticing each artistic blade
as a miracle of nature.
©CV, January 13, 2016

My one word, believe, served me well this year. It will be my guide transitioning me into 2017. Will you join me on the pathway to a new year of believing in the strength of the voice inside? 

Thank you to Holly Mueller for creating Spiritual Journey Thursday and Irene Latham for reviving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment