Friday, December 16, 2016

Poetry Friends

Throughout connected educators' lives, face-to-face or virtual friends will pass through, lining the chambers of our hearts. They spark conversations and weave tapestries of thought that bring us warm greetings, support, and understanding. They provide the mirror for us to look into and see who we are and how we choose to live our lives. They are kindred spirits, our community, our tribe whose lives are intertwined with ours. 

Poetry Friday is such a community of friends with positive, passionate people who embrace the love of poetry on a daily basis. Its circle of friendship is open to all who love the world of words and the craft of writing. 



My offerings today are responses to those who write alongside me:

  • I opened my day to a haiku exchange started by Margaret Simon followed by Catherine Flynn. I join my friends to reply with this response. 
as nature opens its day
pen in hand glides across pages
haiku harmony 
©CV, 2016
  • This week as I entered Long Island's superhighways to my destination, I saw morning unfold. The moon was full, a most unusual sight at dawn. I thought of Heidi Mordhorst's haiku about the fat full moon that I found at Mary Lee Hahn's hashtag, #haikuforhealing. The following words flowed. (mostly because I was disconcerted by the traffic flow):
weaving in and out
strange early morn urgency
fat full moon watches
©CV, 2016

  • I like others in the Poetry Friday community are grateful to Michelle Heidenrich Barnes for compiling a lovely collection of poems that were showcased at her blog, Today's Little Ditty, and published into a book, The Best of Today's Little Ditty 2014-15 that came this week signed and with a special note. 
My entry


Life is a series of interactions and what better way to live it than filled with a circle of friends. 

Today is Poetry Friday's Round-up. Tabatha Yeatts is hosting so please visit her blog, The Opposite of Indifference here to read what is being offered by the community of writers.







No comments:

Post a Comment