Monday, December 12, 2016

Writing Soothes the Soul

This month, a group of blogger/poets have been involved in writing to soothe our souls using the hashtag, #haikuforhealing created by Mary Lee Hahn

Yesterday, Catherine Flynn wrote a haiku alerting East Coast residents that snow was starting to fall in her area. That meant Long Island would be next according to the forecast. Sure enough, shortly after I saw Catherine's tweet tiny slivers of snow, almost invisible, started to hit my windshield. They were miniscule but snow nonetheless, so I created this #imagepoem in response to Catherine's haiku. 

wintery gray sky delivers on its promise:
fat flakes start to fall 
©Catherine Flynn, 2016

#haikuforhealing #commonplacemarvels 

My response:



I followed up with another:

it crept in slowly
watching its own descent
vanished in the night
©CV, 2016

This morning, I marveled at what I saw and wrote again.

snow touched upon earth
leaving faint trails to follow
rain took over reins
©CV, 2016

Today, life was busy so writing took a backseat until now. When I saw Irene Latham's tweet, peace was found and writing flourished. 



little poembird sings
peace - this end of autumn night
quiet requested 


It is amazing how writing soothes my soul at the end of day when the hustle and bustle of life took precedence. Can I encourage you to create alongside Mary Lee and her community of writers this month?

Please visit Two Writing Teachers because it is Slice of Life Tuesday. 

Peace to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment