Friday, June 12, 2026

Springtime DigiPoetry Brings Perpetual Astonishment

Beneath a sky of vivid blue and softened clouds, springtime opens its blooms. With "perpetual astonishment" (Ellis Peters), I watch nature's colors burst open in my garden.  












This vivid photo shares some of nature's brilliant creations. With the addition of poetry and a digital device, FotoJet, Spring sends a message of the beauty of her season. You can find more digital elegance captured in poetic verses at my padlet gallery, "Spring Seeds Grace April," which became my 2026 National Poetry Month project. 

A variety of poet friends, photographers, and artists collaborated with me throughout April and into May. But this collaboration did not start recently. It began in 2014, as I openly invited others to join me in designing galleries of artistic expressions with seasonal themes. On April 21, 2017, I wrote a blogpost, "Digipoetry is..." to explain my  loves: poetry, artwork, digital artwork and literacy. For this year's gallery, I started with a padlet, a place to create a living, digital gallery via a slideshow. I added in the theme of spring seeds gracing early spring in April, and thought "as spring flowers bloom, digital blossoms, and settings shall grow." 

"Spring adds a new life and new beauty to all that is." (Jessica Harrelson) So enjoy the various spring settings and let peace live in your space. Below is another image poem created when digipoetry touched my heart.

It may be late for my Poetry Friday blog but I watched the different formations of a Spring day. The day opened with beautiful weather, moved on to heated temperatures, and now it offers a gray sky, bold noises cracking, and a deep downpour. Whether your space is inside or outside, remember that your mind can blossom just like the blooms so be creative and let your imagination stir. 

Now, I am ready to enter the Poetry Friday Roundup hosted by Linda Mitchell who is celebrating the end of school. Even thought it rained a while ago, the sky is shedding light down on Earth, so celebrating life and children as Linda suggests brings a sense of calm to this spring day. You can find quotes about children and a beautiful piece of artwork to inspire you to blend art, imagery, with word weaving to create a springtime poem. My Padlet Gallery is open if anyone would like to share an image poem, ekphrastic poem, photo, art piece, or music, I would be delighted. 

Digital art by CVarsalona

18 comments:

  1. Ta da! Isn't it amazing how Mother Nature is always bringing our attention to her change of mood? Beautiful thoughts on poetry and digital art, Carol. And, no worries about late posting--I got home from school and promptly fell asleep! I'm just getting the round-up straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, last night as my community was celebrating two dear friend's move to assisted living, the torrential rainstorm shut down all of our electricity. It felt like Halloween in my home when I returned fron the get-together. I wanted to call you to see if Manassas was experiencing the same weather but I could not even text you. Thank goodness for battery-operated candles. After a year of working in the library at your school, I can imagine how early sleep is warranted.Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. I had no idea that your poetry project has been going since 2014 and still blooming! Wow!!! Congrats!!! Love your reminder how "our mind can blossom" whether inside or out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mona, thanks for stopping by to contact. I plan on returning to my galleries to read through the various poems dedicated to the summer season. My mind is blossoming!

      Delete
  3. Carol, I love "let peace live in your space!" It feels like the message of spring hearts. I hope it is a continual bloom for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia, I found this poem on peace from years ago. It was tucked away in one of my early blogs. Gardens of peace have been an important part of my life as far back as what I learned from my Nonnie's gorgeous gardens. I like your thought, "It feels like the message of spring hearts".

      Delete
  4. Love this, Carol. I gardened until 9pm last night and enjoyed having my hands in the dirt as the day came to a close. I hope you spend a lot of time in your garden this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, it is wonderful to hear that your gardening is within your hands. Since I am still in PT for my ankle, my gardener has planted annuals. around the house. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  5. Love all that you shared, Carol, and know that you've been the "inviter in chief" for a long time gathering poetry & photos for your galleries. I'll try to share with you later today. Like Patricia, I love "let peace live in your space!" And, despite the horrific events happening here, at least we are not in fear of being driven from our homes in the midst of war. Thanks for your special words, & glad you had those electric candles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, it is good to hear from you. I know you have been busy so I appreciate your comment. We do need to be thankful for what we have. Lately, I have been thinking and praying for so many friends who have medical issues and others with additional problems. Life is always uncertain and fragile. Enjoy your summertime with the family.

      Delete
  6. Carol, I realize we have known each other through digital images and poetry for a while. I’m happy you keep your galleries going. My garden is getting overgrown with all the rain and heat. It’s harder and harder to get outside and do anything. Yesterday I found 4 caterpillars that I have brought into a net so that the chickadees don’t eat them. This is my small contribution to the future of butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, I cherish our friendship and yes we were part of the digital parade of image poetry. The weather here has its ups and downs. The torrential rain cut the electricity on Friday night and toppled trees but no one was hurt. My gardener dug up my herb garden because the mint took over.

      Delete
  7. I love that you have these galleries. The richness of the spring poems is astounding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jone, thank you for your comment. My granddaughter who turns 9 today presented me with her poem to place on the gallery. What a delight.

      Delete
  8. I feel like I lived through the varieties of a spring day via your post, Carol! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I am glad that you enjoyed the blog post. At the end of Friday night we had a torrential rain storm that knocked out the electricity and toppled trees. It felt like an April day instead of June. As far as I know no one got hurt around us.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for your vibrant post Carol that sings with spring colors, and follows our fast changing weather, which occurs very often in Chicago too. And lovely Poetry Month Project Gallery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, I appreciate you stopping by to comment. Fast changing weather is exactly what I've seen There have been 3 lovely days so far and now the weather teams think it will be a few days of cool weather.It is difficult to know what to wear. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete