Friday, December 15, 2023

Cookies With Santa

Twas a dark, gray morning, when all through Creekside Clubhouse, not a creature was stirring, not even the kitchen mouse. The Cookies With Santa committee arrived smiley and cheery despite the weather being rainy and dreary. As busy as elves on this well-planned day, we settled down waiting for Santa's short stay. Families arrived in the nick of time, just before Santa's bells chimed. Then, what to our wondering eyes did we see, Jolly Santa and sweet Mrs. Claus greeted with uproarous applause. 

Letters were written and cookies were dispersed by Santa's helpers who chose which family visited first. Onto Santa's lap children were placed without a single moment to waste. Even the six-month-old baby, youngest and small, seemed quite content and not fearful at all. 

When the clock struck four, families waved to Santa and walked happily out the door. 

Santa's elves and helpers, busy as bees, cleaned the Clubhouse with dutiful ease. Then, full of delight, Santa and Mrs. Claus bid all a merry good night

Santa
offers wisdom
to all children.
Be nice, not naughty.
Listen!
©CVarsalona, 2023

Thank you Clement C. Moore and Santa Claus for writing inspiration!

Santa came as promised bringing his message of goodness, love, and the act of being nice. His jolly, loving nature brought cheer to Creekside. May the families who visited and met Santa bring the Christmas spirit back home. Ho! Ho! Ho! Have a Merry Christmas filled with love, joy, and hope.
"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful." (Norman Vincent Peale)

It's Poetry Friday, so join me at Janice Scully's blog here. She is hosting the poetic festivities happening at her home in Syracuse and offering more poetic goodness from the community of poets, writers, and authors.

n/a

21 comments:

  1. So much Christmas here, Carol. Is your little poem an elfchen? I think so. Santa is indeed wise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, my poem is an elfchen. I have been practicing writing them this month. Thanks for hosting and understanding about the Holiday Poem Swap.

      Delete
  2. Ho Ho Ho! Glad Santa's visit was such a success. Pass the cookies, please. :) Happy Holidays, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jama, the cookies were yummy. Now I have to make more for Christmas dinner! Have a Pre-Happy Holiday week.

      Delete
  3. Carol, I haven't even looked at elfchens--oh no! Thanks for sharing about the Santa visit--and those photos! I feel Christmasy right now :>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many of you are mentioning elfchens! I guess I'd better be looking, & writing! This is darling, Carol. What fun for all the children, & the rest of the families, too! "Listen!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ho, Ho, Ho! I am still decorating my house, Linda for Christmas Day festivities. My family and my son-in-law's family will join us at my house for an extended family Christmas dinner so I am trying to manage my time well. I have tried to write an elfchen poem each week to celebrate the last PF of the year. Happy Wishes to you and your family.

      Delete
  5. Hooray! What a classic visit from St. Nick. I can't believe your littlest one is 6 months old! Where did the time go? She sure is a cutie. I'll bet her big sisters just love her up. You are in such a delightful stage of childhood with those grandgirl. What a lucky Nona you are. And, elfchens for the win! I love how fun they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you’re bringing joy to the world, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Patricia. Off to do elf chores today! Have a wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  7. Ooos… That was Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. An elfchen? Hmm...I must explore this further...Thanks for a festive post! Ruth, thereisnosuchthingasagodforsakentown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun day! It looks like Santa and Mrs. C. brought much happiness and Christmas spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such joy in your post, Carol. Thank you! I think I need to find out more about Elfchins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Santa even called my granddaughters back while we were grandparent sitting. Now that's magical!

      Delete
  12. Christmas cookies, Santa, elves! It sounds like a splendid afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even picked out an elf outfit for next year's event! Happy Holidays, Susan.

      Delete
  13. Oh, how I love this Carol! You are always creative, but I think you've outdone youself here. Happy Holidays to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete