On the first Thursday of each month, the Spiritual Journey writers gather together to compose their thoughts on the prompt of the month. On this Thursday, the teacher-poet, Kim Johnson, is hosting with the theme, A Light Unto My Path. I have reflected for several days on how I should create this blog post. I poured through several homilies and podcasts of Father Mike Schmitz, a devout and energized priest and speaker. I also searched songs related to the spiritual journey and light. The reflective times I spent reading opened a path of peace.
There are many aspects on how Christian singers, songwriters, clergy, and writers form their offerings but one photograph captured by my son, Derek, provided the start I needed. Within his photo, I not only found the beauty of dawn but observed angel formations fluttering in the clouds. This gave me pause, as did the songs that I gathered, poems I read, and spiritual leaders offering their input on Psalm 119:105: "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and alight unto my path."
As I turn my reflections into poetic thoughts, I listen to Amy Grant's beautiful song of praise, "Thy Word." It is a soothing, lift-me-up song that you can listen to by clicking here. With songs of faith and hope, I find myself in a calming state.
✒
✒
illumination
on my spiritual journey
a pathway to peace
Divine Radiance's gift
"Let (the) light shine out darkness"
©CVarsalona, 2026
(last line is from 2 Corinthians 4:6)
✒
Thank you to Jan Annino for hosting Poetry Friday at Bookseedstudio. Her blog shares an interesting title, Chill, and showcases a gorgeaous photo sharing a moment of cool pool indulgence. 

Carol, your poem is exquisite! Is it a pantoum? You make it look effortless, but I know from trying one (I never finished.) how challenging it can be. I love those final affirming words: "I embark with faith." Have a blessed weekend!
ReplyDeleteDear SJT friends, I read and read each response to my Spiritual Journey post and am so grateful to have such faithful and faith-filled friends. To Ramona, I do believe the pantoum format is not an easy one to tackle but in the end of writing, I am always pleased to refine my poem and then share it. Your thought on this poem you read makes me smile. I embark with faith and wish you a nature-filled week of peace.
DeleteCarol, this is gorgeous - - the poem, the deep meaning and application, and the beauty of the pause in nature are all there. I share the love of song that keeps us rooted in scripture - - some of my favorite hymns stick with me on repeat when I need the nudge to dwell on all things holy rather than the things of this world. Thank you for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteDear SJT friends, I read and read each response to my Spiritual Journey post and am so grateful to have such faithful and faith-filled friends. Kim, I must commend you on choosing this prompt that has brought me tremendous moments of reflection and joy. I enjoy listening to Amy's song because it is so relevant for me.
DeleteCarol, your words mesh beautifully with your son’s photo. I like to think that as the clouds move across the sky, sometimes obscuring the sun while other times making way for the sun to shine through, they let us know that even when darkness envelops us, the Son is always there waiting to shine His light on us to lead us on our path home. Bob
ReplyDeleteDear SJT friends, I read and read each response to my Spiritual Journey post and am so grateful to have such faithful and faith-filled friends. Bob, I am leaning into your words that bring a sense of calmness today. "Even when darkness envelops us, the Son is always there waiting to shine His light on us to lead us on our path home, "I remember years ago when I read your first pantoum. I fell in love with this format, so I always think of your when I write a pantoum.
DeleteCarol, How perfect -- we both used a 4x4 to illuminate gratitude for light in our mornings, in our lives. I love that your son's photo inspired this prayer-poem. I will think of you these mornings as I sit greeting the light in my forest. Peace and blessings!
ReplyDeleteDear SJT friends, I read and read each response to my Spiritual Journey post and am so grateful to have such faithful and faith-filled friends. Patricia, I hope you are enjoying summer under the forest canopy. Greeting morning with light is a blessing but I also do not shy away from a cloudy sky. It just turned into light.
Delete
ReplyDeleteALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS – CRYPTO SCAM RECOVERY SOLUTIONS CENTER.
Thankfully, many folks who have fallen victim to these online trading Ponzi schemes are receiving their money back thanks to ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS. If you have ever lost your Crypto Assets to internet scammers, you can reclaim your funds with the help of the team. Alpha Recovery Experts are a licensed Cryptocurrency recovery team based in the United Kingdom who specializes in the recovery of lost currencies and bitcoin. My all invested life assets worth $194,000 were shielded from an online scammer thanks to the Experts. If you are a victim looking for an ethical hacker to help you get your money back, contact ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS through their support Team;
Mail Info; ( Alpharecoveryexpert@consultant.com
WHATSAPP; +44(745)742-4681