Monday, March 10, 2014

Reflecting in the Stillness of March

As March briskly marches in 
Time bows its head and Winter salutes.
Reflection jumps forward
And all launch their campaigns.
Winter lingers.
Time fidgets.
Reflection pauses
In the cold stillness.
March holds on tight
To stop the madness
But Time passes by,
Letting Daylight pass through 
While Spring awaits its resurrection.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"Enough is enough!" I said many times this winter. Although, I was not sure what this past weekend would bring, Daylight Savings Time presented a gift, saving me from the doldrums of winter. Since the Blizzard Blues' slump needed a make-over, my heroine, DST, crept in.

It's dinnertime. I look out the window and notice a new sight, the outside-in, light. Lingering in its brightness, I am refreshed and pause to wonder. Will this one single sight discard slump time; let Spring step forward; awaken my senses that have laid dormant?

Join me this March Monday to kick-start one of my favorite reflective practices, poetry writing, and shake off the Blizzard Blues.




Do you have a March Madness poem to share? 

Creativity and imagination are beckoning! 


Mondays move me to thought.
Call me to still doubts.
Find gratitude
in quiet corners of stillness.

JOIN ME IN THIS MARCH MONDAY REFLECTIVE PRACTICE.
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

No comments:

Post a Comment