Thursday, June 4, 2020

#PoetryPepUp Fun


When the stress mounts, it's time to relax with my digital notebook and create. So that is what I did this week and joined Kathryn Apel, Aussie children's book author and poet at her poetry challenge, Poetry Pep Up. Because I mixed up the times for the first Zoom meeting, I missed that live event. Unfortunately, I will miss the second one because of the time difference but there is always the archived video of the Zoom meet that Trudie Leigo sends from Australia.
So now here is my mini-gallery of this week's attempts to build my writing muscle and spark creativity. It was pure fun as Kat hoped it would be. 

Day 1 Challenge Blog post  - Zentangle Poem Directions from Kat Apel
fragrant messages bloom
in the midst of grass.
Sunbeams filter through foliage,
mellow and golden-
rare dignity,
proudly
set.
©CVarsalona, 2020

Day 3 Challenge Blog post - Tetractys Poem Directions from Kat Apel
   In This Moment
rest
wanders,
finds no place
as upsets mount,
protests, unrest but life moves on with hope
©CV, 2020


Day 4 Challenge Blog post - Write a Poem Inspired by a Photo Directions from Kat Apel

Just for fun, I moved out of my comfort zone and created a Quarantine Life video while outside in my garden. You can see that here.

Thanks, Kat for the enjoyable week writing alongside you. I did miss challenge 2 but plan to pen a poem for Day 5. For now, I am off to sleep but first I need to travel to the Poetry Friday Roundup at Margaret Simon's blog. Here you will find a touching letter poem Margaret penned to her students. 

Quick Note: If you offered a digital inspiration for my #NatureNurtures2020 Gallery collection please place it in the padlet that I created that you can find here

22 comments:

  1. Such a diverse collection of poetry, Carol. Well done with all of your responses. I hadn't seen your Succulent Secret - and it made me giggle. Delightful! (Your alliteration - and layout/font works so well in your Watchful Guard.) Thank-you for joining in and sharing about the Poetry Pep Up throughout the week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat, your challenge has provided a wonderful distraction for me this week. Thank you for comments and support. I look forward to the video of the last Zoom meeting and the completion of a Golden Shovel poem.

      Delete
  2. Love your Pep Up collection, Carol! I, too, tried my hand at Pepping Up - such a thankful diversion during a horrific week in the world. Your Succulent Secret poem was especially close to my heart as I lived in Tucson for years before moving to Switzerland. Succulent's "thick skin" is especially "chic" in my opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining me here and in the #PoetryPepUp Challenge, Bridget. I do remember when you lived in Tuscon and moved to Switzerland. What is it like living in Europe? I hope you are enjoying the change.

      Delete
  3. Your creations are wonderful, Carol! I especially like your zentangle poem. The week totally got away from me, but now that I've seen your pep-up collection, I look forward to getting back to Kat's prompts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in the process of creating Day 5 but Day 2 got away from me. I felt stuck so instead of stressing, I moved on. Thanks for stopping by Michelle. Send me a link if you add to Kat's challenge.

      Delete
  4. Carol you are amazing! NatureNurtures2020 is such a great project. I love how you personified that chic succulent. I enjoyed all your poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, thank you for brightening my Gallery with your digital inspirations and thank you for stopping by to read and comment.

      Delete
  5. You grabbed at these prompts with gusto. I'm glad you put them all here because I missed a few on social media. It's only by coincidence that I wrote a golden shovel and that is her 5th challenge. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, thanks for hosting today. I enjoyed your golden shovel so call it a happy coincidence that it was Day 5 of Kat's Challenge. I'm working on my golden shovel in between preparing for the grad school institute I am teaching.

      Delete
  6. Each one is wonderful, Carol. Your zentangle is great to 'see' & to read. I love that you wrote about these times from the POV of 'rest' and also adore that photo & 'poised protector'. I hope I can join in sometime. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I think you will have fun trying out Kat's Challenges. #2 Wit and Wisdom was the one I got stumped on. I am enjoying writing alongside Kat. Her models are wonderful examples of end-products. Send me a

      Delete
  7. I'm enjoying all your poems here Carol, and the different forms! I especially like the poignancy of your "In this Moment" poem and "Watchful Guard Perches." I hope I can fit a few in, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle I am trying to vary my formats and play around with new forms just to challenge myself. Kat's challenge was fun.

      Delete
  8. These are great, Carol! I especially love "Succulent Secret". I didn't make it to Kat's challenge in a timely way but definitely plan on revisiting. Thanks for the reminder to do so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly. I had fun with Kat's Challenges and spent much time revising what I wrote to make Succulent Secret an interesting poem. The photo I found piqued my interest so that's how that poem made its way into my digital notebook.

      Delete
  9. Way to respond to all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Lee, thanks for stopping by. I have one golden shovel poem that I am trying to refine for Kat's Day 5 challenge.

      Delete
  10. Wow, what a bouquet of poems! I especially love the cactus' voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, thanks for stopping by. The cactus was a fun poem to write although it took me many rewrites to find the right voice.

      Delete
  11. Thank you for stopping by. I wish I knew Arabic in order to read and understand your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I’m Martin Reed,if you are ready to get a loan contact.Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@outlook.com ,WhatsApp:+1 989-394-3740 I’m giving credit to his Service .They grant me the sum 2,000,000.00 Euro. within 5 working days.Mr Benjamin work with group investors into pure loan and debt financing at the returns of 1.9% to pay off your bills or buy a home Or Increase your Business. please I advise everyone out there who are in need of loan and can be reliable, trusted and capable of repaying back at the due time of funds.

    ReplyDelete