Friday, August 18, 2023

Tranquility at the Cape May Beach

My recent trip to Cape May Beach was the balm needed to slow down, refresh, and renew. The grittiness of the warm sand and the sinking feeling of burying my toes brought back memories of days at the Long Island, NY shore. Rolling waves sparkled under a blue sky filled with billowy clouds. Lapping noises rolled against the beach. The rhythmic motion soothed my soul. Nature whispered softly, sometimes loudly depending on its mood. Streams of light filtered from the beach to the dinner venue across the street from the beach.


sun streams while dining
tranquility surrounds
evening celebrates
©CVarsalona, 2023


Pause here to listen to the sound of the Atlantic Ocean waves washing ashore
and find some virtual tranquility at the shore.

Molly Hogan hosts the Poetry Friday Roundup with a bouquet of haikus and gorgeous photos of late summer in Maine. I enjoyed her celebratory post and hope you do also. Click here to see what Molly offers and find more poetic goodness from the Poetry Friday writers.

I have a Summer Poem Swap with Rose Cappelli that I will share in another Poetry Friday post. I also will share my book review of Irene Latham's fabulous new picture book with its unique perspective on items on the moon.

17 comments:

  1. "Evening celebrates." Yes, that's the way it is! Looking forward to your sharing of Irene's new book, too, Carol. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your trip was wonderful, Carol! Evening celebrates...sigh :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patricia wrote of nature speaking in silence, and you added nature speaking softly and loudly. And I just read of voices raising the alarm about climate change (victoriously, finally!). What a great Poetry Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, just reading about your trip was relaxing! What gorgeous colors in your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the ocean sounds! I must look for Irene's book. Looking forward to your review. Must have been wonderful dining by the water with the sun streaming. Enjoy the rest of your summer, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking us along to Cape May! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time there. Sunlit evenings and outside dining are precious summer treasures and your poem captures them with that evening celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol, and your paragraph description of Cape May was balm for us. We got to enjoy the "grittiness of the warm sand", the "rolling waves" and the "streams of light" through your beautiful prose. I can see how "tranquility surrounds" you in this place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhhhhhh. thank you for the sound bath. I love the sound of the waves. Whenever I'm at the beach, I also love the sound of others at the beach...the mom calling to her kids, the distant music on somebody's speakers...the beach softens it all and helps me relax. Beautiful post, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely tranquility from those sounds ... ahh...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, thank you for sharing your peaceful getaway with us, Carol! Looking forward to your thoughts on Irene's new book... in the meantime, keep celebrating with evening as you can, especially as night's darkness is starting to inch closer/earlier on the clock. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being near the ocean is scientifically proven to improve health and mood--glad you got to enjoy and celebrate along with the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The ocean does for you what the forest does for me. Here's to peace given freely to us by Nature.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carol, I love the ocean shores. It is relaxing to listen to the rhythm of the waves. You captured it beautifully in your haiku! Thank you for the serenity!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A balm, indeed, Carol. I love the sound of water. And love the watercolor accompanying your tranquil evening poem.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you got to get away for a beach trip. Water is so relaxing and healing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love "evening celebrates," Carol. Hooray for the tranquility of the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an inviting haiku and image Carol, 💙 the blues and deep oranges it reminds me of an Island in Greece I visited a long time ago, thanks!

    ReplyDelete