Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Good Morning World!

This year, summer floats on heated air with temperatures rising to 100 degrees. Weather is the topic of many discussions. I join in but rather reflect on finding positivity in nature's offerings.

A couple of months ago, I wished that I could enjoy earth's blooming spring days but I was filled with worry. I stood alone in a hospital room wishing to see the bright colors of my gardens. From the end of April to June, I spent recuperating at home. I feel ready now to open doors and discover new views to admire and be grateful for during this season. 

Trees sway in fairy-like movements among the stilled flowers aching for water. Gray clouds slip between houses as the breeze slows down. I open the door knowing that the peace of an early summer day is ready to greet me. I may be tired and not able to walk as far as before but each step discovers a new view to admire and have gratitude for life.
©CVarsalona, 2024

Summer's Morning Door

a simple decorative entry

opens each day with ease
what one sees depends on these

nature's summer gifts of sky and grounds
moments for life pauses and sweet sounds
gratitude glides from my lips
©CVarsalona, 2024, cherita

Look, Listen, and Fill Your Heart with Joy
as you watch Gratitude to Nature.

 I happily joinTwo Writing Teachers,
a meeting place for a world of reflective writers,
after many months of not writing alongside friends.


Over the past months, I've used my blog to recount my journey.

5 comments:

  1. I will keep your words "the peace of an early summer day is ready to greet me" in the forefront of my thoughts when I walk out the door to greet the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, glad you are able to enjoy the new views of summer. A peaceful summer’s day offers its own beauty. Light breezes. Chirping birds. Swaying trees. Colorful flowers. The scent of a freshly mowed lawn. The clarity after a cleansing shower. Enjoy the sights and sounds of summer. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, beautiful post and so peaceful. Your health scare really did bring you such gratitude. It's evident in many ways as I read your blog. You may have missed spring, but here's to a healthful and vibrant summer, full of nature's "gifts of sky and grounds"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, ironically I was just thinking I had not seen any stories from you in awhile and then here you are. I'm sorry you were ill but glad you are feeling better, embracing the healing power of nature and creative writing. I always enjoy your poems! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to read that you are better now and ready to enjoy the gifts of nature. Take care.

    ReplyDelete