The sea has its way of drawing me to its shore for moments of quiet reading and reflection. It is my special place to step back, relax, and find serenity.
Summertime calls us to shed cumbersome clothes of past seasons and soak in the sun's rays as we find places of peace and relaxation to call our own. Whether it is a garden fragrant with nature's perfume, hills and mountains with hiking trails and winding paths, a still lake, or poolside there is a place that will bring a sense of serenity to your life. So kick back, reenergize your spirit of adventure, and explore life in your own way to find nature's spot that refreshes your senses. Join me this summer on a journey of discovery and reflection to open a virtual gallery of artistic expressions. All it takes is a keen eye, a reflective spirit, and a creative spark.
In summer, the song sings itself.
William Carlos Williams
Find your summer voice, let it speak of serenity in a place of peace, your special locale,
Consider engaging in a reflective writing experience about your special place that brings serenity to your life and help me build a collection of poems and pictures to fill the REFLECT WITH ME Summer Serenity Gallery.
Easy Steps to Follow:
- Photograph your special summer place that allows you to luxuriate in serenity.
- Write a poetic expression or poem to accompany the photo.
- Send me the poem and photograph or a link to my Twitter account (@cvarsalona), Google +, or gmail (email@example.com).
- Anticipate the mid-August launch of the REFLECT WITH ME: Summer Serenity Gallery.
- If you are interested in sampling other writers' works and commenting, please stroll over to either or both of these sites: REFLECT WITH ME Gallery of Poetic Expressions or April Awakenings Showcase of Artistic Expressions.
- Poetry Foundation has a sampling of summer poems to "make you one with the sun."
- Linda Kulp at Write Time is hosting the Poetry Friday Round-up today. Please see the featured contributors' works. (Thanks to Linda for hosting July 11th's selections.)
Post a Comment