On quiet walks, see the beauty,
hear crunching steps,
REFLECT on gifts
November fills hearts with gratitude.
I celebrate all that life and learning offers us this November day, recalling a week of positive happenings:
- Gratitude Week
- Facilitating a workshop on transforming writing lives
- Traveling to a conference with a friend
- Returning home to family
- Fundraising for H.E.L.P. Uganda at my parish
To continue being positive, I am gearing up for a roundtable presentation at the National Council of Teachers of English Conference in Minneapolis and am giddy with excitement. NCTE 15 promises to be another high-powered conference for literacy educators. I am grateful that I have the opportunity to facilitate a new experience for my team of eight from across the United States.
I begin the week by embracing positivity, even when challenges occur. I shall walk in the light, not the shadows because gratitude is not just a thought but an attitude to live life by.
This post is dedicated to:
- Ruth Ayres' Celebrate This Week community where the spirit of positivity lives
- #CelebrateMonday and #MondayMotivation on Twitter