Monday, August 5, 2019

Summer Travels

Slowly, we traveled far from the white sands of Long Island beaches leaving behind the congregation of plovers that sweep across the ocean on a daily basis.  As we traveled over country roads, we noticed different aspects of small-town America in Central New York State.  Like little children on a new adventure, we explored areas of interest strikingly different than the rush of the waves and the energy of the ocean.

leaving shorelines
meandering through New York-
summer glistens


While attending a state education conference, my husband and I decided to take long country rides exploring areas we had never traveled in Central New York.

I am sharing these Tuesday thoughts, my slice of life, with Two Writing Teachers.


The above digitized photo/image poem of a Central New York site will be featured
in the Embraceable Summer Gallery collection.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carol! I hope all is well. I'll have to sort through my vacation photos for some goodies for the gallery. I love exploring new places when time allows, too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christie, it is so good to hear from you. I can't wait to see what you have to offer for the gallery-Summer life in England-all good, I assume. Exploring new places is so interesting. It makes time stand still for me and transports me to a happy place.

      Delete
  2. Something so delightful about the words summer, meandering, and charm. They make me want to slow down, take deep breaths and just be. Summer perfection. We explored coastal Washington (Olympic Peninsula) in preparation for an upcoming family getaway with our kids and grandsons.
    Our focus is shade and playgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ramona, it was so good to wake to your comment. I loved hearing about your family getaway and laughed about your go-to-places for fun. Have a wonderful time.

      Delete