Thursday, October 24, 2024

Autumn's Abundant Gifts

🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁

Welcome to the Autumn Edition

of Poetry Friday

🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁

Once again, Autumn unfolds in brilliant color and poetic thought. There are many ah-hah moments to enjoy because Nature understands the need to nurture life.  I am delighted to host this week's Poetry Friday. 

RELAX and REFLECT


There is a nostalgic feeling and a breath of autumn in the air and carried into my home. As you browse through my blog, you will most likely agree with me that:


If you have followed my blog each autumn, you will find Autumn Galleries of Artistic Expressions that I created. Many Poetry Friday authors offered their original image poems and photography to delight gallery guests. I honor all the writers and poets who shared their work integrating the arts, technology, and poetry. You can click on the titles of the underlined galleries. It's my Halloween treat.


2014  -   Finding Fall
2015   -  Autumn's Palette
2016   -  Autumnventure
2017   -  Autumn Ablaize
2020 -  Abundant Autumn

🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁


Another treat is the debut of Janet Wong's and Sylvia Vardell's book, Clara's Kooky Compendium of Thimblethoughts and Wonderfuzz. Janet and Sylvia have created a unique anthology of poems from a 150 poets. I was delighted to have one of my poems, Would You Like To Bake?, published in this amazing collection. Each set of poems includes an interesting ThimbleThought and a wonder question, WonderFuzz. Students will enjoy the illustrations by Frank Ramspott and the exercise journals. Since I recently received my book, I will review the book soon. Then, I will send it off into the universe of KidLit. You will enjoy getting kooky with Clara. Thank you, Janet and Sylvia, for creating a book that will dazzle students, classroom teachers, and families.

🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁

Poetry Sister October Prompt
Write a poem in which you literally build and/or take apart something for your reader. Focus your attention on constructing or deconstructing your object, taking into account technical terms, instructions, perhaps even the source of your materials.

I created a quick trinet poem sequence about constructing a spooky but fun scavenger walk through my house for my grandgirls. 

Halloween spirit
Floats in.
Inside, boxes of decorations wait to mesmerize little grandgirls.
Scarecrows, costumes, ghosts, and accessories are ready to create fall magic.
Spirits unleash.
Scenes created.
Spooky ambiance!
Ready for
Halloween party?
Not yet, where are the orange lights?
Who's going to place stacked boxes back into the garage?
Crazed search.
Weekend hunt
Trickster's treat!
©CVarsalona, 2024

🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁🍀🍁🍀🍂🍃🍁

Over the years, it has been a pleasure to present the colors of Autumm through a poetic and artistic lens. Autumn is the time to curl up reading. Enjoy the range of writing from the Poetry Friday community.  enjoy the range of writing from the Poetry Friday community. Happy Halloween! 

NOTE: I tried out a new company for link-ups but I a glitch occurred. If you left a comment, it might be deleted so please add it again (below the Click to Enter. Thank you, Carol.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

21 comments:

  1. I want to kiss this time of year, Carol, and now you have me wanting to go to or throw a Halloween party. I adore looking at everyone's decorations, and this weekend we will carve a pumpkin, dip some leaves in wax, and drink some cider. Congratulations on your poem being chosen for Sylvia's and Janet's latest collection. It sounds like a book that children and teachers will both love. Thank you for hosting all of us this week. xo, a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are beautiful. I feel like the colors around here just BURST this week. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lucky grandgirls to have you bringing such whimsy and beauty into their lives. Happy autumn, Carol, and thank you for hosting this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, I love your cast of Halloween characters! And CONGRATULATIONS on your inclusion in Janet and Sylvia's latest book. So happy for you! Thank you for hosting this week. Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle Kogan: What a cosey post you created, with warm colors and bedecked in Halloween fun! Congrats on your poem in "Clara's Kooky Compendium!" Thanks for hosting! 🎃 🍁🧙🏼 Michelle Kogan

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always know how to celebrate the seasons, my friend! Love your post - and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations for your poem in that new, sounds awesome, anthology, Carol. Your post really is a celebration of Autumn abundance. It is lighting up my world here in the city, too! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for hosting and for giving a shout-out to CLARA'S KOOKY COMPENDIUM! We're delighted that you were able to join us! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol, you are the Queen of Seasons. An Autumnal oracle. You always celebrate the seasons with admirable enthusiasm. Thanks for sharing your joy and for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I agree with Alan. You reign supreme over seasons with images and poetic musings. Thank you for always bringing the celebration to us --even though you are already providing a full experience for family and friends in your neighborhood. I agree that it's time to curl up and read. I'm grateful for this call to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you a wonderful autumn and Halloween, Carol! I love all the colors and thoughts you granted us this week, especially the invitation to relax and reflect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carol, I love this roundup of all the autumn galleries (and their names!). Thank you. And so many congratulations on your poem in CLARA! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. The title of this poem is so apt -- autumn is indeed abundant in her gifts. Because of this summer's drought, we thought we wouldn't have fall color, but she has unveiled the most vibrant and magical show of reds, oranges, and yellows backed by brilliant blue skies. (And just now, it started to rain -- much needed, life-giving rain.) You always remind us to be open to everything the season has to offer and you capture it beautifully in your poems. Thanks for hosting us and congratulations on the inclusion of one of your poems in Janet and Sylvia's newest book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carol, Your little grands are the luckiest little girls! What a fun tradition to share with them --and a fun trinet to share with us! Thank you for hosting, and for all the autumn poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carol! Congratulations on your great news -- and thank you for hosting all of us here this week. I loved the dive into autumn, especially since we're still experiencing too much heat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carol, congrats on having a poem in CLARA--that's awesome. Thank you for hosting and for sharing your construction of a Halloween scavenger hunt. Lucky grandgirls! I love wallowing in the autumn beauty you share...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for that trickster's treat, Carol! And thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carol, as always you put on such a beautiful post for all of us. I've not dabbled with trinets yet, so that's a new one to put on my poetry list. Thank you for showering us with leaves and loveliness, and for hosting and rounding us up today. Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun grandma you are! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall, or better yet, a furry spider! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carol, Thanks for hosting. I enjoyed reading about your Halloween. Oh, I hope to have grandchildren someday! What fun! Congrats on having your poem in the new anthology by Janet and Sylvia. I might just have to buy that book - lots of buzz about it! Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carol, I love your phrase, "a breath of autumn in the air." Jack's sleeping over tonight, so it's been a busy day here. I love your spooky ambiance and trickster's treat! I'm sure the girls love the decorations and look forward to the party. Congrats on having a poem in the new anthology. Now if I could just find the time for some cozy reading.

    ReplyDelete