Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Autumn's Treasure

Each morning as a daily practice, I look out my window to see what nature has to offer. I eagerly watch earth's seasonal show before listening to the weather report or writing. Last week, gusts of wind blew relentlessly causing many leaves to fly helter-skelter. Luckily, after a couple of days of reported "winter-like" conditions, autumn returned with its beautiful changing colors. Yesterday, I woke to the following sight and realized that what I saw was a treasure of red and gold.


The word prompt for day 21 of the Inktober/Poemtober challenge was treasure so I spent considerable time reflecting and revising my thoughts. May your autumn days be filled with red and gold memories as illustrated by a favorite love song of mine.


This Tuesday Slice of Life writing places me in a nostalgic mood.
I never grow tired of watching autumn transform my neighborhood into a picture postcard.
If you have a favorite photo that you would like to design into an image poem for my Abundant Autumn Gallery of Artistic Expressions, please add it to the collection I am storing on Twitter.
#AbundantAutumn

8 comments:

  1. Your poems are always beautifully crafted and presented. Why do you use to "publish" your poetry? Your visual always adds a layer of meaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare, I have fun creating image poems. For this one, I took the photo with my iPhone. Then, used FotoJet to edit it; add text and a border. Sometimes, I use PicMonkey. I also play around with Buncee. It's a process. I spend a good deal of time trying to come up with the right words to best express my thoughts. I am also playing around with different forms of poetry.

      Delete
  2. "Earth's seasonal show," like you I love the changing of the seasons and autumn is my absolute favorite. Thanks for sharing the song, one I hadn't thought of or heard in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you love the changing of seasons. Autumn is the season for gratitude. Have a great fall weekend, Ramona.

      Delete
  3. Autumn days filled with red and gold memories - I love the line. We have mostly golden here in Estonia, very little red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking in with me, Terje, and enjoying the line you chose from my blog. I decided to use it in the prose section of my gallery. Can you please share an autumn photo of yours, a golden fall day in Estonia, for Abundant Autumn Gallery?

      Delete
  4. Great photo. Our colors are muted- or not at all- this year.

    ReplyDelete