Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Finding Springsations!

It's National Poetry Month and I am delighted to see so many slicers and poetry friends writing poems this month. Each year, Spring arrives of its own accord, renewing the world as it bursts forth with color and joy. While there is a twist to Spring's entrance in many parts of the country this year, I have once again decided to write with an optimistic touch. 

My first gogyohka poem, a five-line poem with one phrase per line, an off-shoot of the tanka form developed by Enta Kusakabe in Japan (Writer's Digest) was introduced to me by my slicer friend, Leigh Anne Eck. I added it to Leigh Anne's nature-inspired writing challenge, Solace and Connect with gratitude for her invitation. 


I cordially invite slicer friends and their students to join my newest Gallery of Artistic Expressions.

You may be familiar with my Galleries of Artistic Expressions as a contributor and/or reader. They are museum-like showcases that blend poetry and art with technology to virtually present the wonders of nature in a poetic manner. Past galleries are filled with a multitude of strong voices writing with positivity. Perhaps, you are interested in joining me. Please read my introductory blog, One poem based on the title of the gallery is requested to be placed on the Springsations Gallery of Artistic Expressions Vol. 2 for NPM 2023 padlet. I will share everyone's offerings at my gallery.


  • I join Two Writing Teachers at Slice of Life after 
  • the 16th Annual #SOLSC! #SOL23

10 comments:

  1. Carol, the promise of spring is always so welcome after winter, whether it was mild or harsh. The delicacy of new life beginning brings joy to the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Carol. That anonymous was me. I forgot to change the name. Bob

      Delete
    2. Bob, words like this line: "The delicacy of new life beginning brings joy to the heart," sounds so poetic and/or the beginnings of a digital inspiration. The Promise of Spring makes for an inviting title.

      Delete
    3. You have a gift for writing poetry that reads smoothly and evokes strong feelings and images.

      Delete
    4. Debbie Lynn, thanks for your supportive comment. I appreciate it. Are you interested in adding an offering to Springsations Gallery?

      Delete
  2. Carol, I will keep your invitation in mind. Thank you for hosting this collection again. I love the "perky buds" in your poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, thank you for stopping by and keeping the invitation to Springsations Gallery open.

      Delete
  3. Carol, I am so glad you joined Solace & Connection! I love your gogyohka poem! Breathing in spring's perfume is a wonderful line! Your gallerie are always to beautiful and I will consider the invitation! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh Anne, thank you for your comment and for considering my invitation.

      Delete
  4. Love that line - "lift upwards with grace". Doesn't the arrival of Spring lift us all upwards with hope.

    ReplyDelete