Friday, April 21, 2023

Poetic Voices Rise During National Poetry Month

It's April, National Poetry Month, a sensational time of the year for writers, poets, and individuals who love poetry. Part of a quote from a historian, poet, and writer, Aberjhani, resonates with me as I continue writing almost daily since February.

"Individuals oftern turn to poetry, not only to glean strength and perspective from the words of others, but to give birth to their own poetic voices..."

My Poetic Voice Fills with Stories

Look, I found another egg!

A smiling little princess
dressed in Easter finery beams with pride.

Her basket brims with colorful treasures
hidden by a watchful Easter bunny.
Springtime wonders truly exist.
©CV, 2023

moon strolls through sky
mingling with starfriends -
pause for a light kiss
©CV, 2023
(The above poem was based on Laura Purdie Salas' NPM project's pile of words.)

Voices of Friends Fill the Spingsations Gallery, Vol. 2 at My Padlet

On Tuesday, I shared four poems by fellow writers, Jane Heitman Healy, Denise Krebs, Matt Forrest Esenwine, and Bob Hamera, a.k.a. arjeha. Click here to view my Tuesday Slice of Life with their image poems for Springsations Gallery.

This week, I am delighted to showcase a new set of image poems for Springsations Gallery shared by: 

an Anonymous writer, Janet Scully, and Carol Labuzetta
Elizabeth Neubauer, Leigh Anne EckFaige Meller 
and

If you are interested in creating an image poem please see the invitation here. It is due by April 30th.
The above quote by Rainier Maria Rilke is at Good Housekeeping Spring Quotes.
⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕

Today's Poetry Friday can be found on Karen Edmisten's blog. She offers an inspirational quote by Ted Kooser that is a fitting opening to her post and a close to mine.

"A poem is a record of a discovery."

The above PF logo was created by Margaret Simon.

20 comments:

  1. Your "moon stroll" poem makes me beam, Carol. "Light kiss" indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great submissions for you Springsations padlet, Carol. thanks for including mine - even though it's not very spring-like! I hope you get some more this week! Maybe, I'll try my hand again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poetry is always so full of love, Carol. I appreciate that. And thank you for posting my photos and haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your writing about those 'grands" & Easter, Carol, the "Springtime wonders". I will try to discover some spring thing for you. It's very late this year but today I may have found something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thanks for commenting on my little grand's photo and poem. Both girls went to church with the family and were super excited to go on their egg hunt with their little cousin who is a one and walking. The girls helped her find eggs. It was a grand Easter morning for all. Of course, I would love to have a springsations image poem from you or Mother Nature's change of mind for spring weather in Colorado.

      Delete
  5. Your sweet poem and photo make me realize that when we dress up, we all become a kind of royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Easter photo and cherita is a "springtime wonder"

    The moon photo is magical: I love "pause for a light kiss" Thanks, Carol, for your sweet springtime love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still love that strolling, mingling moon, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all the poetry goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeously rich post Carol, love your moon haiku stroll, makes you pause and take a breath. Hope to be able to add a poem to your padlett soon, I‘ve been busy working on my supply list for a summer Plein Air class I’m teaching at the Art Institute and hopefully will finish up today, thanks for all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your post full of goodies. What strikes me the most is that Rilke quote -- it's so unexpected to have that slightly negative twist on blooming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your poems about your sweet grandgirls are always so full of heart, Carol. And I love the image of moon strolling through sky. Thanks for sharing al the poetry goodness on your padlet. I'm going to try to send something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby girl #3 is coming on June 1st so I will be busy with that special event and poem writing for her. I received the notice that you added your image poem to Springsations Gallery Padlet. Many thanks for the brightness of the daffodil and all that brings gratitude and thanksgiving to Mother Earth.

      Delete
  12. So much springtime loveliness, Carol, in your words and the words of others. I'm so glad you liked the Kooser quote, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Spring profusion over here, Carol - Thank you for brightening our days and for sharing the voices of so many folks. (That's a cute Easter princess up there...!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's so much here Carol, that I don't know where to start. First, thank you for including my haiku in your blog post. Then, your moon poem was very magical. I especially enjoyed the use of the words 'stroll' and 'mingle'. Last, the explosion of colour on your blog is beautiful. I love the whimsy and joy it makes me feel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Carol! Poetic images abound on the padlet! So wonderful of you to host this. I'm still lingering on "pause for a light kiss"... Dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the image of the Moon strolling through the sky. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete