Friday, July 7, 2023

Exchange Is Creation

The flowers are in full bloom. Who would have thought that my gorgeous calla lilies would bless my garden with a rich color of magenta! A few years ago, I planted calla lilies; they never bloomed. How wonderful to have them lay dormant until this summer! I am grateful for this gift, as I am thankful for poetry friends who offer gifts of carefully chosen words from the heart. 

Once again, Tabatha Yeatts provides the opportunity to swap a poem with a fellow writer during the Summer 2023 Poem Swap. She also shared a quote by Muriel Rukeyser at the onset of the Summer 2022 Poem Swap. Exchange is creation. There is truth in this simple statement. Each poem swap or poetry blog is an artistic expression created from the heart. You will note this in the exchange with my poem swap partners this summer. 

My first exchange is with the talented Marcie Flinchum Atkins, a school librarian, Kidslit author, photographer, and poet. She is also a lover of nature and host of today's Poetry Friday. Stop by to see her gorgeous image poems and sign up to receive gifts of her Poetry Postcards.

Marcie's swap to me are wonderful additions to my garden.
She added a note: Here's hoping you can have a little poetry in your garden.
Did she know that I adore wildflowers and love to watch them bloom as colorful, delicate bouquets.?
wildflowers spring up
shake their pompoms at the crowds
celebrate the rains
©Marcie Flinchum Atkins 2023
🌞
My Response to Marcie

wildflower seeds 
welcome water, sun, and love
whimsical bouquets
to enjoy during summer months
a grateful heart celebrates
©CVarsalona, 2023


🌞
Each month the Poetry Princesses, TanitaKelly, LizSara, Mary Lee, Tricia, Laura, and Andi offer a poetry challenge. Since I did not have my offering last Friday, I am adding it to today's Poetry Friday. I love Celia Thaxter's poems so my response is based on one of her quotes. It is the strike line for my Golden Shovel poemThere shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart. 

Relax and Renew in Sunkissed Summer
Within deep relaxation, there
should be time for renewal. It shall
awaken your soul to just be
and linger in an eternal,
blissful summer.
Seek peace in
each living moment of the
season. Be thankful for all grateful
happenings that gladden the heart.
©CVarsalona, 2023

As one of the #PoetryPals, I am grateful that the Poetry Princesses include others in their challenge based on their year-long theme of transformation. I wrote the above poem to be aware that summer is the ideal season to find ways to be blissful rather than negative in this confusing world. Transformation of attitude can be a slow process but a rewarding one to look at life with a positive outlook.

🌞
for a boost of summer joy.
🌞

Join Marcie Flinchum Atkins for today's Poetry Friday, a weekly gift of poetic goodness.
Thank you Linda Baie for this lovely image.

14 comments:

  1. You've reminded me of Ray Bradbury's Dandelion Wine, a favorite book, Carol, "Hold summer in your hand, pour summer in a glass, a tiny glass of course, the smallest tingling sip for children; change the season in your veins by raising glass to lip and tilting summer in” " With all your poetry goodness like "awaken your soul to just be" & "whimsical bouquets", it's a beautiful summer celebration! Thanks! (Marcie's seeds are just right!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I love the quote you shared and have it stored. Thank you. Summer is a celebration of nature, life, and heart so I hope you soak in all of its goodness! Have a wonderful weekend. Ours is going to be hot!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Poetry Pal, for playing along and writing to a quote. Your poem is full of hope and gladness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Lee. In order to get the poem ready for viewing, I had many revisions and refinements. Persistence is important.

      Delete
  3. Your calla lilies are gorgeous, Carol, as are your poems. I love the "whimsical bouquets" and seeking peace in the season of summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's to seeking peace in summertime. Thanks for stopping by Carmela.

      Delete
  4. I love your calla lilies, Carol! And thank you for this very hopeful post. You always offer much to think about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose, I fall in love with the calla lilies every time I walk outside. I hope your garden is flourishing.

      Delete
  5. Oh thank you for the response poem. How lovely! And thank you for the lovely package of gifts in the mail. It's all gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcie, I am excited that we were poem swap partners this summer. At some time, I would love to meet up with you.

      Delete
  6. There's so much to celebrate in your post! Your callas are just gorgeous and I could totally relate to the unexpected joy of a late arrival on the garden scene. I also appreciate your consistent stance of gratitude and optimism. It's quite welcome in this "confusing world."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly, trying to keep optimistic and enjoy life helps me be just "be".

      Delete
  7. "gladden the heart" indeed, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anastasia, thanks for enjoying that thought. "just being" is a way to gladden the heart.

      Delete