Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Rejoice in a Sunkissed Summer Season

Welcome to Spiritual Journey Thursday!

I am the host of Spiritual Journey Thursday this month.
The topic I pose deals with rejoicing in the summer season. 

What better time to find joy than on a summer day? The earth is alive even on days when rain splashes across the pavement or sends torrents of raindrops. There is a feeling of positivity and wonder in the summertime. Blooming flowers and herbs offer a beautiful scenario each day. There is more leisure time to enjoy favorite pastimes, such as gardening, crafting, writing, and reading. Pause to think about the beautiful inspirational quote by Eleanor Duse.

“If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the field has power to move you, if the simple things in nature have a message you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.”

 Rejoice in Mother Earth

Summertime brings joy
when a light breeze floats through
a bright sky like ripples of water
or rain splashes across the pavement.
Lift your eyes to see
the majesty of the earth.
Rejoice!
©CVarsalona, 2023

nature calls
when life floats on by
and you just be

©CVarsalona, 2023


Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it.  Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them; let all the trees of the forest sing for joy. Let all creation rejoice before the Lord. -Psalms 96:11-13

Summertime automatically allows us to rejoice in the beauty of earth.
Pause and praise God for His wondrous gifts! 
What are you rejoicing over this summer?


I look forward to reading the Spiritual Journey community's posts this month. Please add your Spiritual Journey Thursday post below.

17 comments:

  1. Hello July, Hello Carol...rejoice! What an exuberant and joyful post. I cannot help but to fill up with positive here. Thank you.
    https://awordedgewiselindamitchell.blogspot.com/2023/07/sjt-july-23.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I am glad that you got a positive vibe from my post. I do feel extra joy during summertime and wanted to share it with others. Have a wonderful time with family in Western NY.

      Delete
  2. Carol, thank you for hosting this month's SJT. Your post resounds with not only the joy of summer days, but also the joy of life you celebrate each and every day. May you continue to celebrate each sun-kissed day of summer.
    Here is the link to my post: https://arjeha.wordpress.com/2023/07/06/sunkissed-summer/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, I am working on celebrating the joys of summer life with my family and friends. Next week, my friend and I are hosting a First Ever Kids Summer Fun Fest at a 55+ Retirement Community. We are excited to have a small group of grandchildren and grandparents join in the outdoor fun. I love the sounds of children frolicking in summertime. I am off to read your post now.

      Delete
  3. Carol, this was a much needed prompt for me. Here's my post: https://horizon51.blogspot.com/2023/07/spiritual-journey-thursday-joys-of.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, I am glad that this prompt of mine allowed you time to pause, write, and rejoice. Have a wonderful summer. I am off to read your post.

      Delete
  4. Carol, your post exudes lightheartedness and joy, in both poetry and photographs. It is a great theme, rejoicing in sunkissed summer. I recently took a long-awaited trip to my past, so to speak... it seems to work well for this theme, as I do rejoice in my memories and legacy. I especially love the patriotic nod with your last photo, here on the heels of Independence Day. And I love the idea od summer inviting us to just BE. Thank you for this-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fran, it is so wonderful virtually chatting with you at SJT. I appreciate your comment and your journey back into time. Summer memories usually bring us back in time. With the weather being so warm today and one of my friend's air conditioning went off, we started talking about our childhood memories. Then, I read your post with a vivid recollection of your past summers and what is to come. As grandmothers, we have the privilege of watching a new generation rejoice in the wonder of summertime. Have a wonderful time rejoicing with the two little grands.

      Delete
  5. Carol, I really appreciated your post. I kept going back to it for multiple inspirations for my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joy spills forth from your post, Carol. In nature, in inspired words, in scripture -- a gift ALL! I'm traveling this week and will circle back with my post to link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patricia. Finding inspiration in the seasons is joyful indeed. I even made the switch from not enjoying lots of snow in winter to look closely at winter's beauty. It is all in the perspective and belief in the power of positivity. Have a wonderful week exploring new delights.

      Delete
  7. Carol, Your positivity is contagious. We should sing a joyful song every day that we wake up, right? Thanks for hosting us with beauty and grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, my husband laughs when he hears me singing in the shower. He says I am happy because I am going to see my little grandgirls. Sometimes, I just make up songs because I am thinking of them. The only glitch is that I cannot sing well at all. I just love pretending I can sing. Joy is contagious indeed. I hope you are feeling better. Take care. Get well and be joyful.

      Delete
  8. Karen Eastlund could not enter my blog but left a comment on email. "Hi Carol: Thanks for this lovely post and all its joy. I love the life in motion exuding peace! I'm a bit wary of the sun's kisses as I just had a melanoma removed, but no worries. It was little and early. My post is up. I hope you like it and wish you a peaceful and relaxing summer."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I always was a sun lover from childhood on but am very careful. The sun's warmth cradles me and I thank the Lord for both sunkissed and rainsoaked days but I especially ask for moments of silent peace to just "be". I hope your summer is full of joy. I am off to read your post.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for inviting me to join you! I didn't get a post done this week but I appreciate the invitation and will enjoy perusing your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, that is so nice to have you visit my blog. Thank you for doing so. I enjoy exchanging ideas with you.

      Delete