Last night on September 14, 2026, a waxing crescent moon glowed brightly in the darkness of Northern Virginia's night. It created a vivid picture, standing silently at the close of day. With its light, it shared a moment and a message to cherish nature's awesomeness. (Photo from the internet)

The day before, my son sent me an interesting pre-autumn photo of morning's dawn. With scattered leaves on the ground and beauty in the sky, another moment touched me.
Based on the Gaither song, "We Have This Moment", sent to me by writer, blogger, educator, Kim Johnson, I created a poem on moments in life.
I have this moment
to pause, reflect upon,
hold in my hands,
let slip away like sand
yet cherish its time -
the past may pass awaythe future may not be
but nature's healing moments
hold on today for me draft @CVarsalona, 2026
As we transition into a new season, remember summer moments that brought joy. Hold on to your thoughts and breathe in the healing power of autumn days about to come.
A meeting place for a world of reflective writers. Click here.
Note: I am hosting Poetry Friday at my blog this Friday. If you are interested, please join our poetic community.


Carol, you always write the best poems, speaking volumes in a few words. I have a question for you. I've noticed everyone is signing their poems "draft@..." and wonder why 'draft'?
ReplyDeleteDebbie Lynn, the Poetry Friday group uses the word draft when we feel there may be more needed to complete our poems. Join me on Friday for the Poetry Friday Roundup. I am trying to create a pre-Autumn invitation to all who would like to join in.
DeleteCarol, your images are amazing and that last line stops me in my tracks. Mother Nature really is the best of poets without ever writing a word!
ReplyDeleteAnita, thank you for joining me here. I like your line, Mother Nature really is theof poets without ever writing a word. I can see that as a lovely quote for my new Autumn Gallery of Artistic Expressions.
DeleteCarol, we’re glad you’re here writing with us today! This poem (and the images) are a beautiful reminder to be present.
ReplyDeleteThank you to whomever you are. I am happy to return to Two Writing Teachers.
DeleteCarol,
ReplyDeleteI'm reading War and Peace and your photo and poem remind me of Andrei's lofty skies. Tolstoy's descriptions of nature are so beautiful.
Thanks for the invitation for Poetry Friday. I hope to participate this week for the first time.
Sharon, I am delighted that you might join Poetry Friday this week. Since I never finished War and Peace, your description of Tolstoy's thoughts on nature's beauty makes me want to reread spots.
DeleteCarol, you remind us that life is filled with moments. We should cherish each one because when they are gone they are gone. Nature is healing. It can heal the mind, heart, and soul if we open ourselves up to it. Bob
ReplyDeleteBob, thank you for adding your thoughts. I am ready to open myself up through Autumn's moments. I am sure that you will join me. I hope you had a blessed weekend.
Delete