Friday, May 20, 2022

Introduction to the Poetryliscious Gallery Padlet

After days of on-off-spring rainstorms, my garden blooms with an array of perennials and some herbs that I thought perished last year, Hardened earth full of pumpkin-colored clay combined with overwatering during the humid summer led me to believe that I would not see my beautiful perennial and herb garden this spring. Little did I know that "Flowers whisper "Beauty" to the world, even as they fade, wilt, fall." (Dr. Sun Wolf) => and return!

Since Nature nurtures its world. It is up to mankind to do its part by caring for our precious Earth. Seeing my blossoms standing tall in the sun, brings new life to my gardens, and hopes for a bright end of May. 

Join me to celebrate springtime in May at my Poetryliscious Gallery Padlet by clicking here. My padlet is a repository for a variety of poetic blossoms featuring the talents of a community of reflective poets, photographers, and artists across the globe who are inspired by nature during springtime. 

Please note that I will create a Poetryliscious Gallery online soon. In the meantime, you can see archived spring galleries, spanning 2014-2018 below by clicking on each title below.

2014

2015

2016

2017

2018

The Poetry Friday Roundup is hosted this week by poet/children author, Carmelo Martino, at the blog  Teaching Authors. She has a sneak peek of STEAM Poetry and her original poem published in Imperfect II. Join me there for more poetry goodness.

I am recovering from cataract surgery on the left eye this week so I need extra time to read colleagues' work. I will work on the Poetryliscious Gallery and post all work on my blog, Beyond LiteracyLink. I will also publicize the gallery and padlet on various social media sites.

13 comments:

  1. You are so generous in your creation of your digital galleries! Heal well and enjoy your new crystal clear vision (been there, done that!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Lee. I left a question after reading your post that your poppies have popped. Love the color in the photos.

      Delete
  2. Hoping all goes well with your surgery, Carol. It is amazing to me that you've created these marvelous galleries all the years! Thank you for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, you have been with me on my journey and for that I am so appreciative. The temperature is going to rise to the 90s this week. I am cuing my husband to turn on the irrigation system. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  3. I love your spring padlet gallery! I'm waiting for spring temps to arrive in the Sierras so I can start my vegetable garden! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you having snow by you? I heard that some of the states out West are experiencing this while we are having record heat. Do you have an image poem for the Poetryliscious Gallery? I am working on the gallery now.

      Delete
  4. How lovely to be surprised by your plants! They are beautiful and you must have been thrilled. I am so amazed at your collections of photos and poetry each year, saving beauty the of a season. We've had a slow warming here in Syracuse but it's coming along. We had tons of daffodils this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Spring padlet Carol, and I'm so happy your flowers have returned this spring! Hope you heal quickly, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness poetry is healing. Rest your eyes and take time...well, inside this weekend. It's going to be in the mid-90s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is HOT outside but cool indoors, I stepped outside for some sun and a conversation with my neighbor. Within the short span of time, I felt the sun penetrating my arms. Time to rest now after reading a few poetry blogs. Have a good weekend, Linda.

      Delete
  7. Your digital galleries offer beauty for one and all. Thanks for your generous contributions to the world of poetry and art. Wishing you a smooth recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for your gorgeous galleries, Carol. I hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete