Thursday, February 1, 2024

Love Is...Spiritual Journey Thursday

Love is space and time measured by the heart. - Marcel Proust

 
February is Loveuary
 
love
spans years
underlies frosty pathways
weaves golden moment threads
together

love
brings sunshine
sorrow and connection-
selfless act of being
together

love
finds space
a timeless union
a surrender of souls
oneness
©CVarsalona, January 2024
Elfchen poem series

It is quiet in the great room. The fireplace is glowing and warmth surrounds me. I found a song on YouTube that brings a peaceful ending to the day: love, hope, and possibilities. Please join me as I listen to a song of love and praise? Click here to fill your heart with Phil Wickham's official lyric video, Falling In Love

1 Corinthians 13:8 holds a message of endurance and promise. Love NEVER  Fails!

The GREATEST Love of All! Click here.

💗💗💗 

With deep love and conviction, Patricia Franz, the host of Spiritual JourneyThursday, offers the topic, Love Is..., for our reflection. 

Click here to read her post that beautifully wraps her topic into prose and poetry with a message about the reality of everyday love. "Love is showing up."

💗💗💗

May you be filled with the spirit of love as you walk the spiritual pathway this month.

6 comments:

  1. Carol, your poem beautifully illustrates what love is. It gets stronger over time. It survives obstacles. It is timeless. It helps us grow. Love does make two people one. I was unable to follow the links you posted. When I saw The Greatest Love Of All I immediately thought of the Whitney Houston song. Not sure if this was the one you had in mind. That is one of my favorite songs of hers. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, your "underlies frosty pathways" captures the heart of love - it lives in deep-Earth, emanates, animates our comings and goings no matter what is happening. I'm sorry but the youtube links didn't work for me (gah! tech trouble has followed me into my evening)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Aristotle quote reminds me of the work of John O'Donohue in Adam Cara. I love the lines "underlies frosty pathways" and "a surrender of souls". This is so true in long time relationships and always guided by 1 Corithinians.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, Carol, you've provided much food for thought. I love your elfchen poem series and the songs you mentioned. While the links didn't work, I looked them up on you tube & especially enjoyed the Phil Wickham video.
    Your great room with its quiet, glowing warmth brought a peaceful ending to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovuary! That's fantastic! I like how you show the layers and layers of love from the photo to your poetry to scripture. Love is expansive enough to handle all the layers! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3 Ruth, thereisnosuchthingasagodforsakentown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete