Friday, October 18, 2024

Halloween Digital Delights with Poetic Flare

There is a trickster in the house.
Boo! It's Grandpa!
Halloween is an experience down memory lane.
I remember it well-
present (above) to past years (below).
🍂🍂🍂

 Let's move backward in time to college days. 
With flashlights, we trod lightly on the cemetery grounds.
 Teaching days brought a Harvest House
scenario for the entire school. There were
decorations, read out louds, refreshments, and fun.
In the neighborhood, 
families gathered together for trick and treat. 
Adults enjoyed costume parties.
Little grandgirls chose their fashionable wear as Disney characters.
🍂🍂🍂

Halloween's Coming!
It's time to light up your imagination.

Now that the digital artwork has been presented, I turn to poetic flare.

Halloween Delight

Momentum rises. 
Halloween is around the corner. 
It specializes
Not as a mourner,

A magical night it is.
Are you ready
dear little miss?
If not, go steady.

Walk down the streets
But beware
Of gobbly treats.
and smells in the air.

Laugh and enjoy
The darkness of night
Don't destroy
Or cry with fright.

Halloween dances
In clothes of black
As he prances
Call him Jack.
©CVarsalona, October 2024, quick write

Country Living

I hope you enjoy a taste of my Halloween-inspired digital art and poem for my little grandgirls. You can see more of my Halloween digital artwork taken in my Long Island neighborhood before we moved by clicking here.  

"l love Halloween and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner." 

Below is a song for little children to sing on Halloween.


I presented my treats so now I share a Halloween trick: 
Find me as a costumed character in the above digital artwork.
Have a Fa-Boo-Lous Halloween!

Now, I am turning the Poetry Friday corner to link in with one of my favorite poet friends, Matt Forrest Esenwine who hosts today's Poetry Friday. Click here to find out what Matt is sharing. You will read a plethora of good news about Matt's success in the Kidlit literary world. I always enjoy book reviewing his work so stay tuned!

I invite everyone to join me next week as I host Poetry Friday. 
Bring your delightful photos, quotes, digital artwork, and poetic goodness. I am excited to share our poetry community's wonderfilled offerings.
🍂🍂🍂
Let your imagination take you wherever it wishes to go. - Carol

16 comments:

  1. Such a fun and colorful post, Carol! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same to you, Matt. Thanks for sending me a comment so fast.

      Delete
  2. Fun and spooky stuff! Now I'm definitely in a Halloween-y mood, Carol. Enjoyed your poem and hearing that atmospheric song. Have fun with your grand girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jama, its fun being in a Halloween-y mood. Thanks for commenting on my post. I will definitely have fun with my little girls especially on Halloween. I hope to see you next Poetry Friday when I host.

      Delete
  3. I can't find you, unless you are hiding in that ghostly white concoction? Love all the delightful spooky things, Carol. I enjoy so many homes in the neighborhood & their creative decorations! And, love that ending "Call him Jack!" plus the song! I remember it from somewhere? Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Linda, you are right. I don't remember when I created the ghostly, ghastly mummy concoction but it was fun to play with my digital tools to bring a spectral to life. Happy Halloween to you.

      Delete
  4. Oh Carol, that song is too scary for my little guys. Do you sing it with the grand girls? What a wonderful collection of spooky fun you've put together! Are you the witch/goblin in the dark of picture #4 or are you the green goblin behind the grand girls? You've put me in the mood for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ramona, I was thinking that my oldest grandgirl might enjoy the song but my middle grand has all sorts of fears lately. This is the first time I found the song. The girls are getting ready. Sierra (7) wants to be a pirate. When on the Disney crew the stylists made her into an adorable pirate and she remembers that treat. Aurora (4) will be a Disney princess because she loves frilly outfits. Baby Lila will be dressed in one of the sisters outfits. It should be another fun Halloween for all of us.

      Delete
  5. How fun! What a beautiful gallery full of the best part of Halloween for me, the getting ready part. Oh, the memories of planning a costume and thinking about how I could make things 'look real.' That was all part of the fun. And, my daughter's Disney princess dress phase holds other wonderful memories. Thank you for treats of your Halloween preparation joys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, talking about getting ready, I have all my Halloween items on the table waiting for me to add a layer to my Autumn decorations. This morning I am off to visit my hair stylist who will make sure the white roots are not visible because I am not ready for a Cruella look this Halloween. Have fun preparing.

      Delete
  6. Your grandgirls are lucky to have you write poetry for them. What a special treat for Halloween! Thanks for sharing it, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose, thank you for your comments.I hope that someday the little girls reread my poems and blogs so that they can remember all the fun activities we engage in.

      Delete
  7. Good reminder that Halloween is a magical time for youngsters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can attest to your comment, Mary Lee. My 7 and 4 year-old grandgirlshad fun on their hay ride and pumpkin picking today (and so did I).

      Delete
  8. And I find myself asking what it is that we all--youngsters and oldsters alike--love so much about Halloween! I don't think it's just the candy...fun post, Carol, and I enjoyed this stanza especially:
    A magical night it is.
    Are you ready
    dear little miss?
    If not, go steady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi, Halloween is the time for little ones to choose their costumes and engage in activities, such as pumpkin picking and painting. We left the farm with its fun tour around the gravel roads to the forest made just for children (adults loved it also).

      Delete