Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Wonder, Hope, Possibilities

A new baby is like the beginning of all things -
wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities. 
(Eda J. Le Shan)


When does the joy of expectancy become a reality? Is it when you first hear that there is a new arrival on the way or when you first stare into the eyes of the new infant?  When does life turn a corner? I think all of the above applied to me as I entered grandmotherhood on June 15th. 


My journey into Grandmotherhood started way back in November at a pre-Thanksgiving evening. When cupcakes came out with little labels, I wondered about them until it dawned on me that the one marked Grandma was meant for me. Everyone in the two families joined together were overcome with happiness that evening. A spirit of hope surrounded all of us. Then, there was the gender reveal at Christmas. "It's a girl" was an outburst of joy. After that, the baby shower brought the dream of new possibilities for the loving parents and a soon-to-be-born newborn.

After returning from Virginia, I perused the photos taken over the weekend. They made me realize that there is a spirit of wonder, hope, and possibilities all wrapped up in little Sierra Kathryn. 

"Every picture tells a story" has been used in advertising since the early 20th century. In this 21st century world of digital technology, the photos I and the family have taken will continue to speak ten thousand words all wrapped in love! 

I am blessed with the title Grandma. I will continue to wonder, hope, dream of new possibilities, and use photos to unfold a story of my little one's new life as a hopeful wonderer believing in the power of possibilities.
***********
It's Slice of Life Tuesday at Two Writing Teachers. I am eager to link up with the #sol17 writing community.

No comments:

Post a Comment