Tuesday, November 14, 2017

"Meet Me In St. Louis"

Thank you to Dr. Seuss for the mentor text, "Oh, the Places You'll Go" that provided inspiration.

I am so excited for the opening of NCTE 17 and it is in a special city with a catchy song. But wait, I need to pack, gather my tech equipment, and create my schedule using the NCTE app. EEKs! Emails and tweets are coming in constantly. Plans are being made for meet-ups. Conference anticipation mounts and I am feeling both elated and nervous about getting ready for the trip in the midst of construction in my house.


So, I will s-l-o-w down,
take a breath, and
systematically plan my next few days.

Why the excitement over NCTE 17?

- The annual event is the Red Carpet gala for literacy educators.
- The convention is filled with literacy luminaries that I have known and followed for years.
- The Exhibit Hall is a bustling area of literacy products, delights, author signings, and enough books to make an educator's heart throb.
- There are colleagues to greet, new educators to meet, publisher reps to chat with, and four days of engaging presentations.

Musts:
-Join the Wonderopolis booth to speak of the wonders of learning.
-Attend Scholastic's annual M.R. Robinson Reception and Dinner and listen to the inspirational message delivered by Dick Robinson.
-Meet up with the Poetry Friday poets.
-Enjoy the conference.

I am excited to chair and present an all-star panel of presenters on Friday, November 17th at 11:00 a.m. in the Convention Hall, room 275.


I will also present an individual roundtable presentation where I hope to make digital magic with participants who attend.

Once again, I am excited to be part of the NCTE 17 experience so stay tuned for tweets from the conference floor and a post-conference blog. For now, I am gearing up for the trip and listening to an old tune.

Today is Slice of Life Tuesday at Two Writing Teachers.
I look forward to meeting up with the slicers at NCTE17.
screen-shot-2017-03-14-at-1-30-42-pm15

No comments:

Post a Comment