Thursday, November 18, 2021

Unveiling of Bedecked In Autumn Gallery

Step into the beauty of autumn, the season of luster and radiance. Watch leaves flutter and dance and pumpkins grow into vined beauties. Listen to nature whisper its love song while indulging in the vibrancy of an autumn day or the solace of a moonlit sky. Then, pause to ponder Vincent Van Gogh's quote. "As long as autumn lasts, I shall not have hands, canvas, and colors enough to paint the beautiful things I see."  

You Are Invited to Take a Gallery Walk Through

"Autumn keeps a radiance that is all her own." -Jennifer Williamson

You will find visual examples of autumn's radiance as you stroll through the various sections of the Bedecked in Autumn Gallery, Poetry Friday Edition.

🍁🍃🍂
CHANGING TREES & LEAVES
The leaves are changing; I feel poetry in the air.” -Lauren Jaworski

Linda Baie gathers inspiration on her morning walks in Denver, Colorado.
Margaret Simon from Louisiana pens a poem after viewing Ramona Behnke's photo.
Move with the beat of a song without sound by Janet Fagal from New York State.

November is our slow-down time to recenter our thoughts.
Karen Eastlund from New Jersey adds humor to her image poem. 
Ramona Behnke from Washington declares herself a fall fanatic.
Carol Labuzzetta shares a stunning nature photo. 

🍁🍃🍂
MUSIC of the SEASON 
"Wild is the music of autumnal winds amongst the faded woods." -William Wordsworth

Pause for a moment. Listen to the sweet sounds of autumn via the Bedecked In Autumn Playlist. Click here.

🍁🍃🍂
INSPIRED BY AUTUMN
"Autumn mornings: sunshine and crisp air, birds and calmmess, year's end and day's beginnings.
-Terri Guillemets

Kiesha Shepard shares sights and sounds of autumn in Texas.
October in Virginia offers beautiful scenery for a walk in the woods. I gather inspiration from nature and my granddaughters to create digital inspirations.

Take a look at Ramona Behnke's invitation.

Matt Forrest Esenwine offers an inspirational poem with a beautiful photo of the early morning fog. Matt provides an explanation of his poem title: "Although my poem IS titled..."Untitled" is the titled, because it represents the boundless opportunities of the day."
I rise
like early-morning fog:
slow and thin, lifted
by the cool breath
of a boundless new day

🍁🍃🍂
HALLOWEEN TREATS
"There is something haunting in the light of the moon." -Joseph Conrad

Linda Mitchell from Virginia spins a Halloween tale.
Family Fun
Pick a candy pumpkin pot from our patch.

©CV, 2001 Digital Art

Little Princesses Ready for Trick or Treat Fun
©CV, 2001 Digital Art
Costumed Characters from Frozen

Violet Nesdoly sketched a detailed black and white drawing of a Pumpkin Patch. 

🍁🍃🍂
CHILDREN'S CORNER
"Pumpkin spice and everything nice."

Margaret Simon shares a mentor poem written for her students.
Fran Haley shares a tender moment between little sisters.
This little toddler, my granddaughter, enjoys an outing to a farm market in Virginia.
Scout, age 5, and her grandmother, Fran Haley, create a scarecrow acrostic poem.
Violet Nesdoly's drawing is one to share with children. Does it make you want to dream upon a star?
What child does not enjoy a trip to the pumpkin patch?
Did you see in the Halloween Treats section Violet Nesdoly's drawing of a pumpkin patch?

🍁🍃🍂
GRATITUDE
"Don't wait until the fourth Thursday in November to sit with family and friends to give thanks." -Charmaine J. Forder

Ruth Hersey shares her thoughts on her borrowed homeland, Haiti.
Matt Forrest Esenwine offers gratitude to the forest.
Four generations of bakers have me remembering my own childhood in the kitchen next to my Nonnie.

A preserved leaf collage by 21-month-old Aurora inspires a gratiku.
Be awed by the beauty of the prairie that Carol Labbuzzetta photographed.


🍁🍃🍂
AUTUMN'S TRANSITION
"Autum is the hush before winter." -French proverb

Linda Baie pens her poem with a whisper of goodbyes.
"Fall is the spring of winter." -Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec

Ramona Behnke offers a peek of winter colors in fall. 

🍁🍃🍂
FEATURED BOOK
by Ashley Wolff
🍁🍃🍂
PREVIOUS AUTUMN GALLERIES

Please visit previous autumn galleries of artistic expressions that integrate the arts, technology, and poetry. Click on the titles of the underlined galleries. 

2014  -   Finding Fall
2015   -  Autumn's Palette
2016   -  Autumn Venture
2017   -  Autumn Ablaize
2020 -  Abundant Autumn

Artwork by Ashley Wolff, author/illustrator of How To Help Pumpkin Grow

🍁🍃🍂
COMMENTS

Please leave a comment below or on social media so that the joy of this gallery and the work of all those who contributed can be spread throughout the world. 

🍁🍃🍂
CREDITS
Linda Baie
Ramona Behnke
Janet Fagal
Fran Haley
Ruth Hersey
Carol Labuzzetta
Violet Nesdoly
Linda Mitchell
Kiesha Shepard
Margaret Simon 
Carol Varsalona
Ashley Wolff
Children: Aurora, Scout, Sierra

🍁🍃🍂
Thank you for joining me on a gallery walk of the sights and sounds of Autumn 2021.
May the beauty of this season fill your heart with gratitude for the beauty of the earth.

🍁🍃🍂
As the host of Poetry Friday, I hope you enjoyed the contributions shared by some of my poet friends. Please link up below with your offering this week. If you have a digital inspiration, nature photograph, image poem, or other artistic expressions for Bedecked In Autumn Gallery place it in the comments and I will add it to this blog post. Section 2 of the gallery will appear next week in my Slice of Life on Tuesday. 


To add your link to Mister Linky, click on the You're next! button. 
The entries will appear in the next screen.

29 comments:

  1. Hi, Carol - Thanks so much for hosting, and for all of this autumnal beauty by so many creative hands/minds/hearts! A glorious tribute to the season. (I'm not sure if Mister Linky is working? I'm featuring some of the great outdoors with Irene's WILD PEACE and a G.M. Hopkins poem, too: http://www.robynhoodblack.com/blog/posts/39845 )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - it's working! I see. I got confused. ;0) Thanks again!!

      Delete
  2. Always love your galleries, Carol - thank you so much for sharing my poem and all these other beauties! (Altough my poem IS titled..."Untitled" is the title, because it represents the boundless opportunities of the day ahead. Sorry if that's confusing!) But thank you for hosting, and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know that I love each offering you send in, Matt. I decided to add what you said above so take another look at the gallery to find your statement. The addition will provide a deeper insight into your poem. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I look forward to writing a book review of I Am Today on December 3rd.

      Delete
    2. Thanks again, so much, Carol! I'm always grateful for your support.

      Delete
  3. Wow, down so many people's autumn roads, Carol, & each one is gorgeous, poems, too. Thank you for sharing my pic. I've taken so many this year. It's been quite a wondrous autumn. Thanks for hosting and enjoy your Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn is still a beautiful season in Virginia, Linda. We are in awe of the trees and their gorgeous colors and the peacefulness of the countryside rides. There is a chill coming through and the remains of morning frost but autumn is still in my heart.

      Delete
  4. Carol, You have created a beautiful post, and I look forward to coming back to read all the poems sometime this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this beautiful gathering of images and poetry, quotes and memories. It's quite lovely, Carol. I will share a link on my FB page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, life is gentler and more calm when poetry goodness surrounds us. Thank you for joining me in this endeavor.

      Delete
  6. The brilliant canvas of colour, images and words brought the words of Keats flowing back into my conscious mind- 'Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness.'
    Thank you for hosting Carol. Autumnal celebrations indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan, I am about to pen the second edition of my gallery and will use Keat's words thanks to you. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  7. Once again, Carol, you have gathered up so much goodness. Thank you for your commitment to putting light and love into the world with your galleries. And thank you for hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting, Carol! We're off for one last day of fly fishing, so I'll have to dig into the gallery this evening (after I've warmed up again!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol, what a beautiful post. Matt's "I Rise" poem gave me big thoughts of endless opportunities. Fran's "for oh-so-long she wished her" gave me warm and wonderful memories of my own two little girls one day. And thank you for sharing the links to previous Autumn Galleries. Lovely post and thanks for being the host.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gallery walk is filled with the beauties of autumn -- in words and pictures.

    In my post today, I shared about the Afghan family that my husband and I are mentoring. The dad of the family is a children's author and poet (which is how I first met him!) We are helping this family of four save up for a used car, which will enable the parents to find work. If any Poetry Friday friends are interested in helping out, links are in my blog post today. ***Laura Shovan
    https://laurashovan.com/2021/11/poetry-friday-plant-people/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Carol! There is so much goodness in this post - wonderful words and art and photographs. I will have to come back often! Thanks for celebrating the beauty and wonder of autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many thanks for your gorgeous gallery Carol filled with luscious poems and images! I love all the quotes included. I've felt the same as Vincent Van Gogh as he paints a beautiful image of fall with his words. I'm sending you a poem and image I posted this fall for you to consider for your next gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous celebration of the season with wonderful quotes, images, and poems! Esp. enjoyed seeing those "Frozen" princesses :). Nice to have a special Poetry Friday edition of the autumn gallery. Thanks for sharing and for hosting this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Carol, I enjoyed meandering through this gallery... the perfect warm-up for our trip later today to the Immersive Van Gogh experience! You give so much to our community, and your love of images and words and nature and people radiates in this post. Thank you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for another beautiful gallery walk, Carol. You allow us to hold onto autumn for just a wee bit longer, and as a person who anticipates a long winter, I am grateful for these warm, spicy images to see me through the cold months. Thank you for hosting today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Carol for hosting this week and sharing these awesome fall images! I am a huge fan of fall and really enjoyed the imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carol, this is a breathtaking gallery, as usual! I love your eloquent words, the perfect quote, and all the offerings. Thank you so much for inviting me back to the round up and for including me in this festive gallery! Have a blessed Thanksgiving with your dear ones.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for hosting, Carol! I am looking forward to coming back later and reading everything!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carol, Thank you for hosting as well as sharing my acorn haiku in the beautiful gallery you created. I feel that we all need to absorb visions of beauty and you've helped us all do that by putting together these images. Thank you for your time in gathering those in the gallery. I love them all! Carol from The Apples in My Orchard

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, what a beautiful, bountiful gallery, Carol. The images and words are all so rich. I'm grateful to you for compiling it here. I hope you and your family have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How lovely! Oh, my goodness...Fall has to be my favorite season. I got home from work today and scrolled slowly through your beautiful post. I kept thinking, "this one's my favorite...no, this one...maybe this one!" Just like fall leaves, I can't stop at one pretty leaf. I have to grab them all. Thank you for pulling this gallery together. It's really lovely and it includes so many special poetry pals. Love it! I'm hoping all is well with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a much needed break this was for me today, reading through these lovely fall thoughts and images. Thank you, Carol and all...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Carol - what a glorious collation of images, poems, and celebration! Scout and I are honored to be numbered among these amazing contributors. Your work reminds us all that life is such a gift and to spend many more of our moments just savoring. I am grateful for you and YOUR many gifts, always. You always brighten the day.

    ReplyDelete