Tuesday, June 7, 2016

A Slice of Spring

The fattest and most scrumptious of all flowers, 
a rare fusion of fluff and majesty,
 the peony is now coming into bloom.
–Henry Mitchell, American writer

I wake to morning speaking softly in the sunshine of the day. My garden calls. The buds of May have blossomed and the green cover of pollen covers the driveway. There is a richness existing in the chocolate munch that scents the air and the flowers co-exist in peace as they wake from their beds.  
And the wind upon its way whispered the boughs of may,
And touched the nodding peony-flowers to bid them waken.
-Siegfried Sassoon
While the peony blossoms have said goodby to their flowering friends, their memory lasts and their bountiful green leaves continue to grace my garden. The other flowering beds are lifting their new buds in an organized design to bring a sense of calm, order, and peace to the day. As I stroll through the paths I created, memories of a summer garden so lush and fragrant are resurrected. My mind does not forget the days of childhood meandering through my Nonnie's gardens, whiffing each fragrant blossom on summer days. With all this in mind and wishing to share the joy of my flowering gardens, I send a morning bouquet out to the world. Spring is ready for the blossoms of summer to replace its gift of renewal and I am ready to begin the design process of my virtual garden gallery, Spring's Seeds

If you wish to send in an offering for Spring's Seeds Gallery
please do this week.
I offer this slice of spring to Two Writing Teachers for their Slice of Life this Tuesday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment