Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Poetryliscious Poetry - NPM 2022

I am pleased to say that I successfully completed the 15th Annual Slife of Life Story Challenge with a comprehensive index poem to catalog my month of daily writing. Two Writing Teachers' challenge is a wonderful writing experience in which I met new slicers and enjoyed blogging alongside writers I've known for years. I am grateful for this special group of educators. 

I am now ready to dedicate April, National Poetry Month, to the writing of poetryliscious poetry throughout this month or capturing the "humanity of the moment" in photos to capture the "humanity of the moment".


incessant rain splashes lawns
washes negativity
away as dark clouds hover
springtime reigns-coldness settles
©CV, 2022

🌧

Slicers, I invite you to join me to wash away any negativity in the air as springtime reigns.
I will create a Poetryliscious Gallery viewing of original artistic expressions, such as photos, image poems, inspirational quotes, poetry, etc. to celebrate National Poetry Month.
If interested, please add your work to the padlet I created at 
or
send your work to me and I will add it.
The deadline to send your work is Tuesday, April 26th.

Padlet



Thank you Two Writing Teachers for a meeting place on Slice of Life Tuesday to connect with a community of reflective writers.

15 comments:

  1. I love the imagery of the rain washing away negativity-it's such a powerful image for our lives, just as spring brings hope and light after the dark, cold winter. Are you a painter as well as a writer? The painting with the poem on the padlet is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring does bring hope. The picture of the tree across the street from me is a digitized photo I took last week. Several of my apps create watercolor effects.I usually add a digitized photo to my poetry. Will you join me in creating a poem this spring?

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy reading your collections. I will try to have something to contribute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, see if any students are interested in offering an image poem, etc. I love that you will jump in.

      Delete
  3. I always love your seasonal galleries! I will try to create something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your rain and as always, wishing we could have some here, Carol. I like your idea of "washes negativity away".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is dark and cool today but my garage system is finally ready. Now, I just need the inflammation in my eyes to settle down so I can get the 2nd cataract surgery. i am back to multiple drops and ointment in my surgery eye again, Linda.

      Delete
  5. Carol, a spring rain can be so cleansing. Everything seems so clear and crisp after it. Hope abounds. I will see what I can come up with for your gallery. Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Bob if the spring rain would bring a cleansing to my eyes I would be so much better off. Wishing for the swelling to go away,

      Delete
  6. Carol, washing away negativity sounds perfectly poetrylicious to me! It is certainly needed at present. I love your refreshing poem. I have a 4x4 poem version of "eggsultation" that I can send. I will see if my little Backseat Prophet would like to share also. Thank you for the invitation and the rejuvenation I always find here in your words and art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this invitation to create together, Carol! I will try to join you. I am struggling mightily with the poetry form I've chosen for this month, so I'm not sure what I'll be able to produce, but I'm curious to find out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do. Arjeha is posting the invitation on the Tuesday Slice of Life this upcoming week.

      Delete
  8. This is a lovely idea, Carol. I’m writing poetry each day w/ Sarah Donovan on EtnicalELA.com and will hope a nature-themed poem arrives via one of our prompts do I can add it to the Padlet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol, it is raining here, in fact we are supposed to have rain until Sunday. That should help to wash "negativity away". Cleansing of negativity and darkness is definitely needed. I love your image of dark clouds hovering. I actually love to watch thunderstorms. I don't remember reading that quotation from Edgar Allen Poe before. Thank you for sharing it; I will write it in my notebook of quotations. Your poem is beautiful and hopeful, a great metaphor for spring. Thank you for sharing your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that idea of the rain washing negativity!

    ReplyDelete